Out of the blue . . .

My former congressperson (since I have moved out of his district) told me they were doing a follow up call from 4 months ago when we got the P3. I told them I expect the P4 soon - he said he would e mail GZ on my behalf to inquire as to the status of my case.

Depending on how certain (or uncertain) the reply is, I might even contact my current congresswoman and ask her to inquire on my behalf in 2 weeks.

Maybe 2 congresspersons is some kind of trump card?!?!? :wub: :D :P

GZ does not like it, but by law they have to reply within 48 hours of every Congressional Inquiry they receive. Every month they have to send Congress a list of all inquiries received and the results of each. Although they don't like it, it will never hurt you.

They figure if you can get a Congressperson to inquire for you they also don't want to tick them off. Do whatever you have to if you want answers!!!

My legal counsel concurs that while GZ must answer, it does piss them off to have a congressman knocking on their back door.

We at take a risk at petrubing them when we act on our right to seek appropriate assistance......isn't that pathetic? We're suposed to shut up and live with it....a very, very sad state of affairs.

Even in appeal, counsel says contacting a congressman may hurt more than help..that's straight from the horses' mouth .

Please weigh the necessity of calling a congress person carefully before acting...for many of us ,calling a congress person is the only way to vent after long waits and uncertatinty and perhaps find out where we are in the process Most of us seem to get a canned answer for all our efforts...

Being conclusive about congressional inquiries is , at best, difficult....it's like trying to find out once and for all if Bigfoot or flying saucers are real....lots of theories and blurry pictures...but no transparent irrefutable proof of any kind.