Letter expressing continued support?

Not at GZ where it is virtually impossible to get a visa before the NOA2 expires. Petitions are atuomatically extended. Other consulates are less inclined to automatically extend, hence the advise to contact them.

Personally, I used the occasion to email them and request they extend the validity of the petition just for the hell of it. It was one more contact to show an interest in how the case was progressing. I think that is one of the things they look at at interview time.

Actually, what i was referring to didn't have to do with the validity time of the petition. Here it is, for clarity, directly from the VJ K1 Guide:

3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance(e) and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).
  • 2 months later...

If you are talking about a letter of intent to marry. Yup, you do a second one for the interview. I think this goes with the p4 stuff but maybe it was with p3. anyway, it is in one of the forms. She signs one and you write another. The logic is so GZ can see neither has changed their minds. Your letter should state that you stillintend to marry her within 90 days of her entry into the USA. Most also put a little love stuff etc into the letter.