July P3 List - Have or Hoping for P4!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Happy to see so many July P3s getting interview in Jan. Hope I am lucky too!

Jul. 28 received P3, Jul. 30 sent back, Jul. 31 received by White Swan. Still waiting for good news... Please add me in the list. Thanks!

Our timeline is identical to yours. Recieved, sent back, at white swan, all the same days as you. Ours was registered into GZ's computer on Aug 6 - maybe your was too.

And it's great to be on "THE LIST" lol

John and Hai Yan: Thanks for keeping the "list" !!

As for whether or not GZ is making headway with the backlog, The "flood gates" opened 3 weeks ago for November interviews.

So you could extrapolate and say: 3 weeks from now, Feb interviews and 3 weeks after that, Mar. interviews.

On the other hand, there were some 2 week intervals between the flood gates being opened in recent months. This most recent "opening" might have taken 3 weeks due to the Thanksgiving holiday. So an optomist might predict Mar interviews in 4 weeks.

But on the other "other" hand, Xmas and New Year and Chinese New Year are coming up so their schedule might slip back to par.

So in conclusion and now that you're totally confused,

Allow yourself a 2 month window for the interview and you might get lucky and actually be in China for your interview date!!! :D :D :D

John,

Thanks for putting up the list.  Just wish we had a P4 and interview date to input.  We're still waiting for the second name check to clear.  According to my Senator's office, the problem may lie with the FBI.  Of course, they told the Senator's aide it will take 3-4 weeks to figure out why the name check has not been completed yet.  Ahh yes, wait somemore. :lol:

Jon, We are all pulling for you. Unfortunately you are the only one I could find with a June P3 that still did not get P4. I truly hope you get your P4 soon. You deserve it. Hold onto your patience a little while longer. Before you know it, you will be bringing Ling home to that beautiful island you live on.

John and Hai Yan: 0„2Thanks for keeping the "list" !!

As for whether or not GZ is making headway with the backlog, The "flood gates" opened 3 weeks ago for November interviews.

So you could extrapolate and say: 3 weeks from now, Feb interviews and 3 weeks after that, Mar. interviews.

On the other hand, there were some 2 week intervals between the flood gates being opened in recent months. This most recent "opening" might have taken 3 weeks due to the Thanksgiving holiday. So an optomist might predict Mar interviews in 4 weeks.

But on the other "other" hand, Xmas and New Year and Chinese New Year are coming up so their schedule might slip back to par.

So in conclusion and now that you're totally confused,

Allow yourself a 2 month window for the interview and you might get lucky and actually be in China for your interview date!!! :) 0„2:lol: 0„2:lol:

Hi Cosmic,

I'm not sure if GZ has any consistent pattern with the dates they send out their P4s. November has been a good month. Twenty P4s were recorded for November. That's the highest we have had in a while. As you know I occasionally try to track these P4 dates partly for fun, and partly to try to forcast when Hai Yan and I might receive our P4. I know you like to keep on top of these things as well. I will list some release dates for P4's below for your edification. These are for the last six months. September was the slowest and November was the busiest. These are only from CFL members and I'm sure there are errors and omissions.

June

06/21/04 - 10 P4s over 4 days

July

07/13/04 - 8 P4s over 7 days

07/29/04 - 4 P4s over 8 days

August

08/26/04 - 5 P4s over 5 days

September

09/30/04 - 1 P4

October

10/13/04 - 7 P4s over 6 days

November

11/01/04 - 11 P4s over 6 days

11/19/04 - 1 P4

11/29/04 - 8 P4s over 2 days

December

12/09/04 - 16 P4s over 6 days

Hi John & Hai Yan

Thanks so much for posting your comprehensive list.

Whatever straws I can grasp onto to help me to deal with the unknown factors of this process is a great comfort to me. Your numbers have confirmed all the hearsay and many of my own suspicions. I now firmly believe that: (and this of course is just my take on this whole issue)

1. The Aug. and Sept. slowdowns were caused by hardware factors - biometric - security - database issues (and who know what else).

2. The fact that this last batch has about twice the number of P4's as any of the last 6 months is a good sign. I do believe that they have new people working at the consulate and are making a serious attempt to reduce the backlog.

3. I think the rate of P4's being sent out will continue to increase - more P4's every time the flood gates open.

4. I think people like you and I who are only about 6 or 7 weeks out could see P4's next month.

Alas, all I can do at this point is wait . . . . and hope!

3. I think the rate of P4's being sent out will continue to increase - more P4's every time the flood gates open.

4. I think people like you and I who are only about 6 or 7 weeks out could see P4's next month.

Alas, all I can do at this point is wait . . . . and hope!

Cosmic,

You and I are 6 and 7 weeks behind the current group getting P4s. We are getting close. I am hoping for the best, but i think it depends on how many more P4s are sent out in December. I was always hopeful for a February interview, but I'm beginning to think we will be getting March interviews with February P4s.

Right now only about half of the July P3s have received a P4, (11 out of 21 got them). I have 9 August P3s on my list. I have 16 September P3s.

You're right, all we can do is wait!

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would update everyone on the July P3 list. Today I received the last interview date for our list of July P3s that was unaccounted for. As of today only one CFL member in June and one in July have not received P4s. Both of these are in the dreaded 2nd name check. The next batch of P4s should finish up the 4 August P3s that are still waiting, and then start into the September P3s. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!:D

To see the updated list go to the first post in this thread!