Oregon get together 3

Bing and I had Mike (C-4racer) over for dinner last night and we were kicking around possible dates for the next get together to welcome our two newest arrivals from China. Like Jim the weekend of Dec 12th won't work for Mike so how about Sunday Dec. 5th. Because of my job Saturdays are difficult for me. I am fairly sure we can count on at least 5 couples and a few singles waiting for interviews. As for location how about Legin? It is a resturaunt on 82nd and Division here in Portland. They have lots of room.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carl,

I highly recommend Legin! Have very good Cantonese at least by my standard ---(not being Cantonese <_< ) Have had several orphanage sister get togethers there!

--- but yeah, I will be unlikely to attend given sudden developments!

---- don't let that delay everyone! (these get-togethers are hard enough to organize!)

--Kim

I'm also from the Portland, OR area. Grew up here and now live across the river in Vancouver. My Fiance won't be here by December but I'd like to meet you all if possible. I'm currently taking a Chinese class at PCC right next the resturant you are talking about so if you get a date set I'll see if I can be there too, if you don't mind.

Hmmmm. What with the holidays and all coming up quick if we post pone it now it would probably be February before we could all get together again. I suggest we go ahead with Oregon get together 3 in Dec and have get together 4 when Fei gets here and is settled in.

Looks like we are pretty much in agreement on the date. Now as for the place. Last time we did it at a restaurant it was down town Portland and parking was kind of a hassle. I am proposing we meet at Legin restaurant on 82nd and Division. They have lots of space and easy parking. Also some pretty decent Chinese grocery stores are nearby for those who would like to go shopping before or after. Any and all other suggestions are welcome. Don how about pinning this?