Hi, We are new to COL.

I submitted I-129F Oct 8th.

It was approved Oct. 19th.

I have seen several timelines that show the NVC has approved. How can I check the NVC to see if they have approved or not? They have no automated system that I have found.

Thanks in Advance...

Also how to I create a timeline ?

Keith-N-Min

:wub: Welcome Aboard Keith-n-Min :wub:

NVC Phone number 1-603-334-0700 push the right buttons until you get in que to talk to a human, K visa's are not there long enough to get in to the automated system. Give them your name and receipt number from your NOA2, they will probably also ask for your fiancees name and birthdate.

They will tell you if they have recieved your file. If they have recieved it they will give you a GUZ number and let you know if the security check has been completed. You can also call them later to find out when it was sent to Guangzhou. Then come back and we will tell you how to track the DHL shipment to Guangzhou.

Go to "Your Control panel" and click on signature to create a timeline

• 2 weeks later...
Gene, You asked that once I recv'd the GUZ and approval at the NVC that you had a way to track the packet to GZ via DHL.

Well the background check was complete and the NVC approved last week. I know have a GUZ #.

So.....

How do I track the packet to GZ???

Thanks

Keith-N-Min

Hi Keith,

Call DHL at 1-800-225-5345, push buttons until you get a human. Tell them you want the tracking numbers for the packages sent from the National Visa center in Portsmouth New Hampshire on the date the NVC told you your package was sent. Give them Portsmouth's Zip 03801 and Guangzhou's postal code 510133. There will be anywhere from one to five packages sent, get the tracking numbers for all of them. Get on the DHL web page www. DHL.com and go to the tracking section and input the numbers. I was told that any packages originating from Erlanger Kentucky are our I-129 files. Some of the smaller packages are diplomatic pouches and clear customs quickly. Some of the others can weigh in at forty pounds or so could be a bunch of I-129's and usually sit in "clearance delay" for about a month. When the package clears and is delivered to the Consulate, give them a couple of days and email them and ask if it is in the system. Turn around time was averaging about fortyfive days from shipment to Guangzhou to receipt of P-3.

Good Luck,

Gene

It is important to keep on this, in a nice, but consistant manner.

I never got my NOA 2 when it was sent out.

I then never got it the second time it was sent out.

I finally obtained it via the mail on the nth try, but by this point, my darling had already replied to her P3 and I had obtained the GUZ# at least 6 weeks before!

Yikes...be persistant, but nice! Do realize that the workers on the phone are really powerless, but can be helpful and often if they feel that enough people are nudging them, they can apply some subtle pressure to help our cause.

:D

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I've called NVC numerous times and get the automated response. I push "1" for English, then "2" for "Questions about K visas", there's a silence and then muzak for about a second, then silence again. Then the original message begins again. If I push "2" again, it tells me that all the operators are busy now, thanks me and says goodbye and click.

If I push "5" for operator assistance, I'm told they're busy and goodbye.

If I just stay on the line, the message repeats and tells me to wait for an operator if I need to speak to one, but then it tells me it didn't get my selection and I should call back when I know what I want. Goodbye.

Am I missing something here?

It really sucks because I don't have regular long distance, I use One Suite, so everytime I get cut off, I have to go through putting all the numbers in again.

Help! :( :blink:

How do I track the packet to GZ???

... Call DHL at 1-800-225-5345 ... Tell them you want the tracking numbers for the packages sent from the National Visa center in Portsmouth New Hampshire on the date the NVC told you your package was sent. Give them Portsmouth's Zip 03801 and Guangzhou's postal code 510133 ....

Hi,

I am interested in this too. Our petition was sent to Guangzhou on Nov 3. I called DHL tonight and they said that nine packages were sent that day and since my name is not on any of the airbills they couldn't give me any of the tracking numbers.

How can I convince DHL to give me the tracking numbers? Do I just keep trying until I find an agreeable rep?

Thanks

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Am I missing something here?

Hey Mark, you are not missing anything or doing anything wrong, Just keep calling until it goes through....... I have spent over an hour doing it and I use onesuite also :)

NVC Phone number 1-603-334-0700 push the right buttons until you get in que to talk to a human, K visa's are not there long enough to get in to the automated system.

Can someone confirm to me that the above quote is true? I just want some peace of mind.

Two weeks ago my I-129f was approved and "sent" to NVC. I have yet been able to speak to a human there, and the automated system keeps saying something like, "We have no record of you case." Ahhh!!! this freaks me out. I would think that 2 weeks should be more than enough time for my case to get from Nebraska to NVC. But if it is true that K1 petitions are not there very long, and therefore do not get into the automated system... then i guess i am still ok. :) ( ... knock on wood. )

Ryan

PS - i'll keep trying to get a human... just not working. :(