you know, earlier this year these things were really flying through the system. after a 7 month wait with csc, it looked like maybe 4 -5 more months tops for yan zi's visa. on that timeline, she would already be here a couple of months.

now, for whatever reason, they're just not moving. i think that gets many of us into the mode of really trying to nail down the science of this process, when there ain't any. the cases just aren't moving right now.

i'm really tempted to join in with the hyper-analyzing of all of this, but i think it's an exercise in futility. the situation is out of our control, boys and girls. we just gotta wait and it's that simple. it's not right, but it's how it is.

one way that i cope is i'm always making a plan b, and that's why i went to china in september when she didn't show up in august. last christmas i told her we would spend this christmas together, so if she still doesn't show up by then, then i'm going back to chengdu. that's reality, and that's how i'm dealing with it.

for all of our sakes, i hope we start seeing some encouraging news out of gz very soon, like reports from all of you and from me that p4 arrived and the interview is scheduled.

thanks to all of you for being here.

I agree with you that we can not change the system in any kind of time frame to help the people at our stage of the game....The reason I involve myself in the analysis is from the stories some people are telling about long time frames for certain parts and they needed to get there state representatives to get the process moving again. Second name checks, FBI not processing files, some people not getting a NOA1 for months and by the time they realized something was wrong it was three months wasted time. Right now I am checking weekly with the DOS to see when the security check they do gets done, if it is not done in a month I will start calling and find out why, not find out in January that the FBI just hasn't started processing it. Right now our timelines have not hit any snags, but look at some of the others who have had 6 and 8 month delays for a variety of reasons and needed some intervention to get things started again.