Filling out I 134

The I 134 says you only need tax forms if you are self employed. It does ask for an employer letter showing salary and longevity. What do you all think. Is the tax return required? Also the new I 134 form does not ask for a notarized bank letter showing balance and deposits. Advice????? Normally I would get that anyway, but I am rushing to get an overnight letter off and can't get the notarized bank form quickly enough.

Larry: The new form says "as appropriate" documents. You only need one of the options to show a minimum income level. Personally, I would bring/send as many as I could.

I agree with cosmic on this. Although you only need to prove financial resources and an employment letter will do this, I strongly recommend that you make the tax returns or transcripts available as well. I would rather report back to CFL that the VO didn't bother to look at the information than to report that my fiancee got a blue slip. Incidentally, the VO didn't even bother to look at my I-134 and tax returns, but Jingwen had them just in case.

I went to all banks, got a statement on letterhead and notarized. I asked for 3 notarized originals. I copied tax return (for past yr.) and ordered an IRS transcript for 3 yrs, prior. I contacted the 2 stocks I have and again, got a notarized letter. I contacted my employer and got a letter, with the school board seal. I also sent a photocopy of my 2004-05 teaching contract. I wrote a "table of contents" as a cover letter, explaining what was in the packet in addition to the I134 - documents to support the form. Also, I assembled the packet with a ACCO fasterner.

If they wanted a blood sample, I would have had the blood drawn, bottled it up and gotten it friggin' notarized. I would get a notary seal (raised seal, of course) on my forehead if it would help. "Gee sir, that sure is a fine notary seal on your forehead - visa approved!!".

IF they want this, also give them that, that, that, that...and yes, THAT too.

:)

http://selfstamps.com/selfstampsimages/newnotaryseals/fsmall.gif