More Visa Difficulties in GZ

It will help to know if they were denials or a "we want a tape" or....

The Consular Office in the US Citizen section said that they are concerned about fraud (women coming to US to get a green card). I think they are issuing denials for this reason.

Also, he said that many of the blue slips are not a "no", but a request for a tape, etc. I think he said that you have up to one year to resolve this.

He said that the "no" is not a hard "no", but something that can possibly be resolved.

The days of easy VISA's are over. Cross your T's and dot your I's, and document and save everything, everything, everything and then some about your relationship. Sign and noterize all your statements. Make sure you have official certified English copies of all documents needed. When they find a mistake they will stop the interview and send her away(they will not look for all the errors so you can fix them all at that time). If they find another error at the overcome interview they well send her away again, and again untill everything is to thier liking. How do you know what they want? That is the catch! you do not know untill they tell you. Making  plans to be there for the interview may help. They think money = relationship! While you are in China make a vidio of you comunicating with your Honey, just in case.   

If you have trouble filling out your own Taxes don't even think about doing your VISA paper work alone. Ling had to make (4) trips to the embassy. I made a mistake and the Clinic forgot to put all the papers into her packet, it does not matter who's fualt it is. I am sorry to sound like a pessimist, but Murphys Law applys well here (at least it did with us).

My wife is here now, and life is good.

If you have a child coming along make sure she/he has immunization records for school. Mike had to have 5 shots yesterday and did not get to start school on time.

Good luck to all still in process.

Ray!!!

I had been wondering what finally happened. Thank God that's all over with. Congratulations!

Unfortunately, I can understand the reason for the increase in blue slips. I just got back from a week in China a couple weeks ago. While sitting at the gate waiting to depart, I saw a guy a couple seats away looking thru some paperwork. I noticed the marriage paperwork, so I went up to talk to him.

His first statement to me was that he was getting $15,000 to get married and he was wondering how much I was getting. This guy wasn't the brightest bulb I had ever met. But he was basically assuming everyone who was going to China was going there thru a similar agency he was going thru. It sounded like the only purpose for the agency was to help Chinese women with sufficient funds get to the USA.

I also have a friend who knows a Chinese girl here in LA. The first time he told her about me going to China to get married, she asked him how much I was being paid.

Unfortunately for us, it appears that as China becomes more prosperous, marriage to hire in the country is on the increase. Of course, based on the guy I met in the airport, I would guess it's easy to see the sham marriages. As he was an idiot, had not met the girl before, and had no history of travel to China.

PF

I work with a lot of Vietnamese. One woman introduced her neice to a man. When they found out I was going to China, a few said they could hook me up with a relative and I could make around $10,000 by agreeing to a sham marriage. I told them I was not interested in that. But it goes to show you how others are doing the same thing.

I think USCIS needs to be just as tough on them as they are on the ones going through the process with Chinese wifes or fiancees.

David

Well I have a little story to tell you on this..As you may or may not know. It is traditional in China to pay Mama for the hand of the daughter. Dowery type deal only thing the Fiance pays and this can be up to $25K to Mama.

My fiance' now wife told her mother "you no ask Mike for this" I guess she is serious.. Or maybe I am just LUCKY!! :( My wife told this to me after she got here.

Well I have a little story to tell you on this..As you may or may not know. It is traditional in China to pay Mama for the hand of the daughter. Dowery type deal only thing the Fiance pays and this can be up to $25K to Mama.

My fiance' now wife told her mother "you no ask Mike for this" I guess she is serious..  Or maybe I am just LUCKY!! :( My wife told this to me after she got here.

You know that sounds familar. I heard that I would have to pay my wifes mother money about $10,000. I asked my wife about it and she said No thats not true. I did give mom some cash though in the Traditional Red Envelope. But if I should happen to hear of a Sham MarriageI will do my best to let it be known.