• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we headed up to Citic City Plaza and to kosmos for coffee and a quiet place to chat. Here is some video in there download from here.. 20 megs worth.

I know I had an excellent time! Darrell the self professed geek is far from that..:greenblob: A sharp guy who has led an interesting life and from what he says.. one that has been getting better by the day.

We are wishing him and Weilin a fast interview and trouble free time in GZ. Look for some posts from him at the cool Blenz coffee shop. And this time Darrell try the other PC's think the one you have was Chinese!! heheh

Mark and Bea

Maybe he's having some PC problems again.

Yes here I sit in the blenz coffe shop we arrived in line about 645 this morning I ran into another USC so we are sitting here waiting it out getting full of coffee I have a little video but not as good as Marks as soon as I have more info I will post it of course at this point I am not even worried about a blue slip it is just a small hoop to jump through more of an annoyence. I will try to make a tour of the island on video as well as trying to show how the consulate is laid out even though the security guards don't like cameras.

Yes Darrell :)

Try and got some of the embassy layout I messd that up soooo bad and the island as well. BUT!!!!! heheheh don't forget Weilins face with her white slip today and the darn visa tomorrow..

darn!! wish I had known of Blenz when I was waiting.. :D

I'll IM Bea with the news as soon as you post it.. good luck!!

Mark and Bea

Yah, the Blenz is pretty nice. Coffee is good, but the place does not hold a candle to the tea houses in NanJing.

I also had a USC to sit and chit chat with in front of one of the little offices by the "line up here place."

And Mark, was it you who had a real "heart to heart" discussion with the cop who said the Chinese equivalent of "don't sit here"? He threw me out of the parking lot a couple of times, so I smiled and banged on my head in a "me dumdum" mimic. AND, last Monday was hot at the US Cons. - like wearing a plastic suit in a sauna. I'm sure Darrel is enjoying the "summer in GZ" weather.

Has anyone else ate at the little white rest. outside the White Swan? It looks like a White Castle/porceline palace building. Food is good and cheap. Sarah's son wanted to order the spaghetti - NASTY! (actually spag., mushrooms, 2 sm. cherry tomatoes and a fried egg - that's enough to make the Mafia make a friendly "visit" and discuss the recipe) I smiled, ate it and said "good!"

:)

Yah, the Blenz is pretty nice. Coffee is good, but the place does not hold a candle to the tea houses in NanJing.

I also had a USC to sit and chit chat with in front of one of the little offices by the "line up here place."

And Mark, was it you who had a real "heart to heart" discussion with the cop who said the Chinese equivalent of "don't sit here"? He threw me out of the parking lot a couple of times, so I smiled and banged on my head in a "me dumdum" mimic. AND, last Monday was hot at the US Cons. - like wearing a plastic suit in a sauna. I'm sure Darrel is enjoying the "summer in GZ" weather.

Has anyone else ate at the little white rest. outside the White Swan? It looks like a White Castle/porceline palace building. Food is good and cheap. Sarah's son wanted to order the spaghetti - NASTY! (actually spag., mushrooms, 2 sm. cherry tomatoes and a fried egg - that's enough to make the Mafia make a friendly "visit" and discuss the recipe)  I smiled, ate it and said "good!"

:)

Yeah Jeff.. heheh one of GZ's finest :)

I kind of hurt his feelings when he came over the second time while I was sitting next to the little paper booth next to the gate.. I told him in short loud tones to F off a number of times and don't bother me.. He looked a little glum and left.

I'm not sure if that was the one I was in.. mine was the ..hm loud coffee shop. but wow!! your little act of herocism by eating that..!!!?? should rank you up there as #1 Step dad for life!!! heheh yuck...

I saw or had something else that was topped with an egg??? huh.

And hot.. yes! dead air and plenty of smog it seems... we couldn't wait to get back to SZ where at least it doesn't peak out at so hot a temp and we do have a good breeze at times to push some of the smog and pollution out of here. Thank god we are coiming into the fall and good weather here and I just need to ride out 1 more winter :( !!

Mark and Bea

"I will try to make a tour of the island on video as well as trying to show how the Consulate is laid out......

Darrell !!!  REREAD THIS POST ~! IMHO,  don't point your camera at the Consulate ~!

Otherwise ~  best of luck !!

Ya I found that out very fast :) but I have 300x zoom so I will find away

OK SHE GOT IT. She had "the fat man" he asked her 4 questions.

1) how did we meet?

2)where does he work?

3)What type of work do I do?

4) What happened to my ex wife?

On #4 she said the ex ran off and married another woman the guy was :) then she corrected her self and said another man :( :( :)

He took the I134 and looked at our photo album all in all a painless interview.

The other USC I was with got a blue slip wanting to show domicle and job interview in US, he has been in China for the last 4 years.

I will make some video and post it sometime after the 1st. for now it is time to celebrate.