Bank statement crazyness

Reading the instructions it seems as bank statements are applicable to everyone. When I first went to the bank, they looked at me like I was crazy to ask for this information. No one ever asks for such a thing. Then I showed them the I-134 since I was also having them notarize the form. She told me she would be glad to provide me with this information, but she was unsure how to get this type of report out of their system. I then showed her my bank statements for the last year, had them outlined on a spreadsheet and totaled. She simply verified this, then copied this onto the Banks leterhead stationary adding her business card, she printed the page which showed when the account was opened, and last she printed the page off the computer which showed present balance. Wallah, the I-134 instructions have been met.

Yes, they tend to skip lots of evidence they ask for, but what happens when you leave out one piece. Murphy says, "Thats the one they will ask for." So I would have it just in case.

Michael

Reading the instructions it seems as bank statements are applicable to everyone. When I first went to the bank, they looked at me like I was crazy to ask for this information. No one ever asks for such a thing. Then I showed them the I-134 since I was also having them notarize the form. She told me she would be glad to provide me with this information, but she was unsure how to get this type of report out of their system. I then showed her my bank statements for the last year, had them outlined on a spreadsheet and totaled. She simply verified this, then copied this onto the Banks leterhead stationary adding her business card, she printed the page which showed when the account was opened, and last she printed the page off the computer which showed present balance. Wallah, the I-134 instructions have been met.

Yes, they tend to skip lots of evidence they ask for, but what happens when you leave out one piece. Murphy says, "Thats the one they will ask for." So I would have it just in case.

Michael

Exactly Michael. You have hit the nail square on the head.