Now she has gone to far!!

Trigg

Maybe this should be in the "your may be Chinese" Thread.

I have tolerated with great difficulty the fact that my wife has scrubbed the flavor out of my coffee pot. I even put up with here cleaning the "good stuff" off my BBQ grill. I look the other way when I see that my monies spent for a new washer and dryer have been replaced by a steel clothes line and a plastic wash tub. I say nothing when I see her squatted in the bathtub washing my undies. But, this morning did me in. I was resting on the couch after my daily ordeal of watching her run and then do an hour of tai chee when I heard a strange swishing noise.

My loving Chinese wife was mopping the floor with all the zeal of a salaried worker at lunch time. Swish, swish, back and forth, to and fro. Yes, clean floors are a good thing--but sweetheart NOBODY and I mean NOBODY mops the carpet. Gheeeezz ya gotta love 'em don't ya.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blsqueaky

Trigg, LMOA. I guess that I can count my pucky stars so far. Still getting used to walk into the bathroom, find clothes hanging on the shower pole, but at least not dripping on the carpet. Ling is doing a great job not getting the carpet wet so far. What a change from staying in China, whole floor would get wet.

Can not wait to see what the other members here are going to say, and I can just imagine.

I have a very good carpet shampoo machine. But alas, she saw the latest electric bill and has decided that washers and dryers and carpet shampooers will never replace a plastic tub and a steel line much less a shiney new carpet mop. I should learn to never be surprised anymore but---damn mopping the carpet was just too much for me.

You have called her a little ball of fire before so I guess it must not be possible to reason with her. I am truly sorry about the coffee pot. But is she going to go gather up sticks and cook over a campfire to save money on cooking? It may be that you could do some research as to the usage of electricity by appliances and show that to her and try to get her to relax a little bit. Heaven help us, she might turn around the opposite way if she understood how cheap appliances run, then she'd be running the washing machine every day like some other members have told about. Their ways are so cute but yes they do go too far sometimes -- the other day I looked out the window and saw that my wife had hung panties to dry on the sideview mirrors of my Infiniti. She told me "I want sun look these ones" but went ahead and brought them in.

Their ways are so cute but yes they do go too far sometimes -- the other day I looked out the window and saw that my wife had hung panties to dry on the sideview mirrors of my Infiniti.  She told me "I want sun look these ones" but went ahead and brought them in.

Yup, my Darlin' tells me that undies must see the sun to get truly clean. I dunno the logic, they didn't see any sunshine to get truly dirty.

Yeah, Trigg,

This really should be in: the "you know yor wife is Chinese" thread ---- because when you get to the bottom of it --- she really was motivated to save on the electric bill!

this was a topic that Fei brought up on the phone to me yesterday --- how expensive electricity was in China. (Its been very hot and she has been running her fan alot)...

She just got her bill for the last two months, and she was SHOCKED ~! (about $18.00 US)....

Too funny,

I'm a little worried though, my bathroom has wall to wall carpet. Time for a tile floor upgrade. I have time, the lp will be here next year.

eeyore

Wall to wall carpeting in the bathroom BWahhaaaaaaahahahaha! Oh my newbie friend, this will never ever do. Tile floors with a good drain. Maybe possible without the drain but wall to wall carpeting and you think you can get away with it??? Can you say "new subflooring" and "mildew"?

eeyore

Wall to wall carpeting in the bathroom BWahhaaaaaaahahahaha! Oh my newbie friend, this will never ever do. Tile floors with a good drain. Maybe possible without the drain but wall to wall carpeting and you think you can get away with it??? Can you say "new subflooring" and "mildew"?

how to cope? how to cope?

Life as I know it will come to an end.

Ah, she better not ruin the bathroom!

(she reads these too)

But the ultraviolet radiation in the sunlight does kill some gem on the clothes, so we not only dry our clothes in the sun, we put our quilts and mattress(if necessary) in the sun regularly. And afterwards all of them have the good smell of sun, it makes me happy.

Thats my girl