P3/DS-230 form question

My fiancee was fairly upset today when she read the instructions on top of the DS-230 that specifies using the 'N/A' for any fields on the form that are not applicable. She submitted the form two months ago, and she believes she left some fields blank. Now she is asking me to send an email to GZ about this to inquire if there is any problem with her DS-230 and if we need to resubmit this form. I prefer to not email GZ more than needed, but I'd also hate to have this holding things up without knowing it. Has anyone ever heard of this issue causing a problem. FWIW, she did fill in all of the 'applicable' fields. Thanks!

Tony, had you called DOS to check on the status of your case? We confirmed our P3 was registered on July 29th, called DOS to confirm it, but they mentioned something about the consulate sending a new DS230 for my boyfriend's daughter, I recall there is a field somewhere (I129F) where you name the children who will come with the beneficiary to USA, we leaved it in blank, as she will not come to USA, so I'm confused now if our case can be put in hold for this (I believe not) but anyway we wrote to GZ clarifying this point. My best advice to you is to call DOS tomorrow morning and ask about the status of your case, then write to GZ and make sure your case is moving along. Remember nobody else will really care for you, don't be shy on sending as much e-mails as needed, the people at GZ usually answer them and help you out. Good luck.

Hello,

Thank you both for your replies. I have not had a chance to call DOS yet. Hopefully this week. I did get an email reply from GZ which I am including here below... It is not as clear as I had hoped, but I am cautiously optimistic about it.

Dear Petitioner,

Thank you for your e-mail.

It's no needs for your fiancee to resubmit the 230I form.

Best regards,

The Immigrant Visa Unit

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 9:49 PM

Subject: Lin Quan

Hello, My fiancee recently reviewed a copy of her form DS-230 as it was submitted to the consulate with her 'Packet 3' materials. She says that she left several of the 'not applicable' fields blank on the form rather that using the 'N/A' indicator as instructed. Should she resubmit a new DS-230 at this time to correct this? If so, what would she need to include when she sends the document to the consulate so that it is correctly placed with our existing case files? If she does resubmit the DS-230, will it affect our position in the queue for receiving an appointment letter? Thank you so much for any assistance you can provide!

I wouldn't worry too much about how the fields are filled in just as long as you follow their instructions.

From all the forms I have filled out, I have used N/A, NONE, and just a plain ole blank( especially the middle name). Sometimes I like to use ***NONE.,,,llol. Be creative!

But no, this question has surfaced several times and I have never heard of a problem nor have I ever had a problem with it. Just do as they say.