Income taxes before Visa received

I thought that while I was visiting Fanny I could have her fill out IRS for W7 so I can include her on my taxes this year (and at the current rate, I think it's 50/50 she'll be here before next April).

My question is to anyone who's filled it out, what's acceptable Identification documents to be included with the W7 filing? It appears a certified copy of a passport is the simplest document to provide. Does it matter the documents will be in Chinese?

Thanks,

PF

I had my wife mail me her passport, I made a copy and had a notary public insert the language "I certify that this is an exact copy of the original document." Be sure and mail the passport certified both ways.

The other option to mailing the original passport is to take a copy of the passport to the nearest US Consulate and they can certify it for you.

Hi, this is what I do for the W-7 for my husband.

I have my passport notaried( 250 yuan) and took it to Guangdong Foreign Affair Office to have their reconformation, after that the office helped me to hand my notaried passport to Consulate General of America in Guangzhou for the final stamp( 409 Yuan).

I do not know where you live, you may select one Consulate which is close to your wife.

June