E mail to DOS in Washington, DC

Has anyone tried to e mail the Dept of State in DC? I have tried to call them, and their announcement says 15 minute wait times, but an hour is common, with noone picking up the call. There is an e mail address for them at www.travel.state.gov. Has anyone used it, and gotten a response? Tens of billions for a war in Iraq, but no money to even have a decent phone system for the Dept of State.

IF you cal the DoS, call about 8.45 or 8.50 am EST. Wait time is 10-15 minutes - sometimes I wait less than that. BUT, unless it's on the computer, the don't know anything.

As far as letters, I wrote to the Undersecretary for Consular Affairs - she should have some level of oversight for GZ. But, guess what (I know you'll never believe it), she didn't write back. I guess responding to letters and EMails is not a priority. Usually a Congressman or Senator will get a response, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. :rolleyes:

Hi Larry & Meirong

I agree with calling early, i used to call them about 9 am and about two times every week.

They were very helpful some times and other times they were very mean.

I did email mr. Powell directly and did not received any responce but about

three weeks later i email him we had an interview date.

my advise to you is use all resources.

Terrence & linda