Expiration date on food, lotion, and medicine

Guest blsqueaky

Well glad that I saw this. Fridge is now cleaned out, shopping again when she arrives, this way she knows everything new. Only thing left in cupboard is coffee that has not been opened yet, her tea and noodles that she likes and more that she will be bringing, along with condiments that have not been opened.

Oh and her favorite saying, Honey, not worry, it be okay (like she believes this half the time)

"Husband!!! Did you Exwife wear close like mine" "I don't remember"

Heh.. I get this kind of question constantly about ex-girlfriends. It amazes me. We'll go to the store, "Did you take your ex-girlfriend to this store?".. What's funny is that I hadn't dated for over 2 or 3 years before I met her..

As far as expiration dates goes, she's not that militant once the purchased goods make it through the door. It does bother her a lot that the meat sold in stores isn't from an animal killed that morning (I asked her how many cow pastures she's noticed since she got here -- that just earned a dirty look :blink:).. She does, however, go through every item on the shelf looking for the one that hasn't "been touched"..

Before my wife use or take anything, she will look at the expiration date on the item.  Even though I told her the item is safe, she still inspect it (I mean everything - smell, look, label).  Do any of your loveones do that?  I think it is the Chinese thing.

Yesterday I was drinking some milk that was FOUR DAYS out of date :blink:

Somehow I have survived with no ill effects.

Ha, Ha ~!

Funny stuff, should probably be in the "you know your wife is Chinese" thread....

But have to say, if the Asian markets here in Portland actually had to have "pull dates" (frozen and dried fish and vegetables, canned goods seaweed ect.) ---- there wouldn't be much on the shelves......

Guest blsqueaky

Today her first day of shopping here, and she was looking at the dates, but then figure this, she brings with her freeze dried, and puts in refrig. I will not even ask or try to reason. Not even real sure what it is, except that it goes in soup. Again, I will not ask, I just know when she cooks, I will enjoy, but you know, I looked again on the packs, no date

Before my wife use or take anything, she will look at the expiration date on the item.  Even though I told her the item is safe, she still inspect it (I mean everything - smell, look, label).  Do any of your loveones do that?  I think it is the Chinese thing.

Yesterday I was drinking some milk that was FOUR DAYS out of date :lol:

You are a braver man then me, it would have been down the drain 5 days ago :D

Guest lilac6451

VERY AMUSING, YOU DONT SEEM TO CARE ABOUT THE EXPIRING DATE OF GOODS SO MUCH, WHICH WILL BE DANGEROUS. FOOD CAN BE POISON, AND VICE VERSE.IT IS AVAIBLE ALL OVER THE WORLD, NOT ONLY IN CHINA.

So true Lilac ~!

"Food can be poison, and vice verse"

And also water in China ~! 

I just got back .... ooopppps have to go now, toilet awaits ~!

(ha, ha ~!)

So are lotions, makeups, and perfume. However, women love to put that stuff on their faces. They don't know that they can ruin their skins.

I'm always checking the dates too, but I don't necessarily throw something out when it's past the date. Notice, some say "expire on" some say "best by" and some say "sell by".

The ones that say sell by - if you refrigerate it, it should be good for 7 days after.

Best by... use your own judgement

expires on... eat/drink at your own risk!!

But honestly, they usually put those dates a little ahead of when they actually should expire, so a day or two won't turn good milk into curds and whey.

Before my wife use or take anything, she will look at the expiration date on the item.  Even though I told her the item is safe, she still inspect it (I mean everything - smell, look, label).  Do any of your loveones do that?  I think it is the Chinese thing.

Yesterday I was drinking some milk that was FOUR DAYS out of date :blink:

You are a braver man then me, it would have been down the drain 5 days ago :P

I'm not yet ready for Fear Factor.

Really, the expiration date is just something corporations use to cover themselves legally. You know, you can buy a chicken and it'll be bad when you get home with it. Or something will say it is out of date and really it is still good. I mean, even bottled water has an expiration date: what, does water, like, go bad? And what about aged beef? Smoked meats? What about restaurant kitchen cleanliness? Or the lack of it. What about worryinig about germs too much? Some people feel like they have to wash their hands just because they were petting the dog while the great Saxon and Viking warriors would use their dogs' fur like we would napkins during their feasts. Even the expiration date on medicines is not a hard and fast rule.