Hello Everyone,

My wife Susan and I are near St. Louis. She has been here in America now for 6 months and everything is going well. We got married in December. We have completed the AOS interview and soon she will get her temporary green card. She works in my office part-time, treating with massage, some of my patients. She has her own pay check and we are working on bringing her son over now. So that gives you some back ground.

Last Saturday I decided to take my wife fishing. This is the first time in her life! We went and got her her own fishing license and then went to a 3 acre farm pond to fish. I showed her how to bait her hook with a worm, how to cast the rod, cork etc. We enjoyed the day and she caught a bunch of bluegill. We came home with the fish and I showed her how to clean them. We fried all the fish and had a feast. She was happy!!!

Wednesday morning I went to work in the morning and she stayed home and slept in. Or at least I thought she did!!! At lunch I came home to eat and I walked into the kitchen and saw that she had about a one and a half pound channel cat in the frying pan along with about five bluegill cooked chinese style heads attached. She had gotten up at about 9am and went out in the back of the house to dig worms and went to a one acre pond behind the house to fish. We live in a lake community. She was so happy to surprise me!!!!

Saturday!! Today, I went to work in the morning and then came home falling asleep on the couch. When I awoke my wife was gone. I looked out the back door and she was at the pond fishing. I made some steaks on the grill, potatoes, and baked beans and then called her home to eat. She had already caught some small fish. After eating she said she was going back to fish. I cleaned up everything and took a walk over to the pond. She had caught a one pound cat fish. Well it is 9pm and she finally came home to stay. On her fishing poll line was about a 2 pound channell cat which she wanted me to help her take off. Now she is cleaning her catch for the day!!! Very proud of herself.

I thought I'd share the story.

DCACT

Man ~! dcact,

You SHOULD be proud!

..... thats a wonderful story!

Actually we have had several fishing stories here on the Candle, if you want to go back to about the 3rd. week in April in the Rumpus Room , you might find something amusing, but in the meantime, hope you keep contributing!!

--Kim