do you know them REALLY

What's wrong with materialism?

Admiring those who have money has nothing wrong, but depends whether you spend it in deserving places. For instance, can you simply tell a destitute one "Go with happiness, I love you!" Would your words make him happier when he is still suffered of hunger and homeless?

I might sound preachy here, but Money could be a good tool to help some people happier, if you could merely buy him a bread for breakfast when someone is in hunger, shelter them under your roof in a rainy night, greet them those who were humiliated when you have many belongings while they have none at all.

If you would do so, then I would earnestly wish you be the richest of the world, with my best sincerity and my deepest regards.

Hugs. Thanks for whatever.

:rolleyes:  SeaSame

Generally speaking "materialism" refers not to the need for basic things of living, but rather a love of things bigger, newer, better than your neighbor's, etc. Such a desire often comes at great expense in terms of your own family life, spiritual development, intellectual development, etc.

As country we suffer from great materialism as we are constantly bombarded with advertising getting us to upgrade, get the latest, get bigger, etc. The USA is about 5% of the world's population yet we consume something like 40% of the world's resources. How long can we sustain that? Gross consumerism/materialism is, in my opinion, the source of many of our country's problems.

CD

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im gonna have to weigh in here on the same views as Trigg. There are many cultural differences between Chinese and American women which shape their attitudes toward marriage. Perhaps Divorce has less stigma here thus making the Chinese woman want to work a little harder on keeping the marriage together than her american counterpart. For me I enjoy the cultural differences. I am continually learning things and it is always interesting. I've never had an american wife so I really can't compare the two. My ex-wife is Japanese. About the only thing similar between her and Bing is they are both Asian.

Hello

I did not mean to start anything here everyone had some great thought to add,and a few assumed that I got married real quick,but all in all very good.

Now here is some food for thought would these same CHINESE women in already here in the united states,

WOULD THEY GO OUT WITH YOU IF THEY HAD THERE GREEN CARD??

I like this question. Something good to think about, maybe it deserves it's own topic. Also something that like Schrodinger's cat may be impossible to answer.

For myself, I think the answer is "yes". Only because Jun wasn't looking to meet an American specifically. She was talking to a Japanese, Philipino, and a German guy online amoung several others before she met me. I always had the impression that me asking her to come to America wasn't so much giving her something, as asking her to make a sacrifice.

Warpedandbored - we have something in common, like you my ex wife was Japanese (well, half Chinese half Japanese, but a Japanese citizen).

Hello

I did not mean to start anything here everyone had some great thought to add,and a few assumed that I got married real quick,but all in all very good.

Now here is some food for thought would these same CHINESE women in already here in the united states,

WOULD THEY GO OUT WITH YOU IF THEY HAD THERE GREEN CARD??

I like this question. Something good to think about, maybe it deserves it's own topic. Also something that like Schrodinger's cat may be impossible to answer.

For myself, I think the answer is "yes". Only because Jun wasn't looking to meet an American specifically. She was talking to a Japanese, Philipino, and a German guy online amoung several others before she met me. I always had the impression that me asking her to come to America wasn't so much giving her something, as asking her to make a sacrifice.

Warpedandbored - we have something in common, like you my ex wife was Japanese (well, half Chinese half Japanese, but a Japanese citizen).

I thought that chinese were asian and japanese were oriental,,?

CD..I understand what Materialism is. But thanks.

What I do not think wrong is to improve your life through working harder. And having a better life by the endeavor of both parts in the marriage, it is better than always remain unchanged for your lifetime. People were either evolving(growing) spiritually or improving the living condition, for we were naturally bestowed such a desire to change, to create, to discover new things in life. The only unchanged thing should be the Same Love to your Other Significant counterpart which is your Husband/Wife.

Well, that is what I perceive things, we are all made unique as no snowflakes falling the same, American or Chinese, individual makes difference. :(