VIDEO TAPE PROOF

let's see if we can flesh this out a little.  let us assume there is some "pre-decision".  what do we speculate that it is based on, specifically?  Improper grammar in the paperwork?  Some education or work info on the 325?

if we assume that it is preordained that some couples have a more difficult time, it would be helpful to discuss what causes it.

Any thoughts about what GZ looks for to pick those who go through the wringer?

You asked for a ventured guess, so I'll offer one, but by no means do I agree with or condone what I think GZ makes their "pre-decision" on ...

I think they base it on age difference. The have the birthdates of both people before the interview, so they know what the age difference is. And if I recall, it seems to me that couples with a "wider than average" age difference get hassled the most at GZ. And so when they see a couple with a large age difference, they automatically put up a big red flag and assume the relationship is suspect, until proven otherwise.

Otherwise, if the age difference is deemed "appropriate", then the VO says "Okay, whatever, here's your visa".

Again, this is just my theory ... I don't agree with this or anything like that, so don't anyone fling poo at me for saying this, it's just my theory :huh:

I think age is part of it. Also, times visited, hometown in china, how they met, and maybe number of contacts to GZ? :) :ph34r:

well i guess i can agree in someways with this latest speculation on how GZ makes the decision, but keep in mind with this age theory that my husband and i are only about a year and a half apart in age, and if you remember he had a terrible time at the interview. he did pass, but only by the Grace of God. it was a terrible 15 or so minutes for him.

maybe our age factor could be that we are young though and not that our ages are far apart. do you think that could matter? he is 24 and i am 26. ???who knows???

also add to it that i visited china 5 times and one of those times i lived there for two months and another time i lived there for 6 months. i would say that is a substantial amount of time visiting him. GZ seems more curious about why i was there, what i did there, where i stayed, who i stayed with and all those detailed questions than they were just believing that we were in love and i wanted to see him. of course i had something to do while i was there, i taught english and stayed with friends, but anyway, they weren't just interested in how many times i had been there and when, they wanted ALL the details about my trips there and my stays there.

as far as contacting GZ, im not sure what y'all mean exactly about that one, is a lot of contacts good or bad?? i probably contacted them about 10 times in the 5 or so months after our case left NVC (September) and before his interview in Feb.

who knows??? all we can do is share our experiences and hope to find a pattern, but the more we share, the more confusing it gets to try to figure out NVC/GZ/USCIS/etc!!!