Gifts for wife's family

Well Trigg,

If beer is that important to you --

(and I think it should be)

--- What the Hell are you doing in Tennessee!?!?!

Portland Oregon is the nation's Capital for real beer ... come on out and I'll buy you one....

But this is REAL BEER --- not some Bud product..... you need to be aware of that...

Well Trigg,

If beer is that important to you --

(and I think it should be)  

---  What the Hell are you doing in Tennessee!?!?!

Portland Oregon is the nation's Capital for real beer ... come on out and I'll buy you one....

But this is REAL BEER --- not some Bud product..... you need to be aware of that...

If I'm gonna go that far for a Kim bought beer. It better be good--Bbrrrppppppp! :P

Hummm....

Trigg, just noticed this, yeah, it IS good, but it sure ain't Bud! 

May have to TRAIN to get into condition to appreciate it!  (an aquired taste!)  What do you drink now?

--Kim

Actually Kim, I rarely drink but when I drink beer it is killy's red(sp). Bud gives me a headache. Brpppppppp! <_<

Guest blsqueaky
Hummm....

Trigg, just noticed this, yeah, it IS good, but it sure ain't Bud! 

May have to TRAIN to get into condition to appreciate it!  (an aquired taste!)  What do you drink now?

--Kim

Kim, I sure hope that you are not talking about either Rainer or Oly here. Rainer okay, oly, headache city.

Now as far as the gifts, I know that when Ling and I married, she told me to give both mother and father the red envelope, so who was I to argue

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, went downtown to "The Real Mother Goose" here in Portland today, this is sort of an institution for Northwest craft: Hand crafted glass, jewelery, clothing etc.. But the stuff that knocks my socks off is the wood working and furniture..

Lots of wood craftsmen in Oregon, often with one man shops in little forested hamlets in the coastal and southern region of the state.. This is where they sell their best stuff..

So I figure, when I meet the Patrarch, my angle is going to be: Here is a gift from the region where I live, and where I hope to take your daughter to live with me...

The gift for Mom and Dad is an ebony box with a redwood burl inlay on the top, and I have to say; stunning ~! ... and beautifully crafted. I also have a smaller box of highly polished mahogany for the favorate Auntie, and a little box with a sliding top for the neice...

Think I have handled the higherarchy thing ok, but what if more family shows !! (when I get there...) "Oh, by the way my sister's family decided to come too ~!"

--Kim

Elope Kim, it is your only chance.

It seems that American or Chinese, it is the same. Whenever there is a dinner to buy or a gift to give the 'family' comes from everyplace and anyplace.

Do remember that money is not considered a rude thoughtless gift in china. Fang Ling thinks it is stupid to buy someone something when you may or may not get anything they like. She tells me Chinese give money to insure the person buys exactly what he/she wants. I had to convince her that getting money from me and giving it back to me for my birthday was not cool. I over did it and so she got a check from me and bought me one of everything.

Now I have to exchange most things for something I want. Smart people these Chinamaneses.

Do remember that money is not considered a rude thoughtless gift in china. Fang Ling thinks it is stupid to buy someone something when you may or may not get anything they like.  She tells me Chinese give money to insure the person buys exactly what he/she wants.

Smart people, Damn Smart,

I generally give my grown up kids and grandchildren the gift that is ALWAYS the right color but wrong size MONEY (or gift cards).

Dad, he doesn't like Barney this week, he has that already, too big/ small, went from Christina to Nickelback overnight- whatever.

Of course, I JUST LOVE shopping in the malls and outlets during Christmas too.

Personally, I had 3 bags of old Christmas/ birthday gifts I FINALLY parted with that got donated during my last move. Some of the clothes have been w/ me for 20+ years and NEVER WORN. How many Billions are wasted here every year here on gifts? R.