I've seen many people who had taught english in China, does anybody know if there's opportunities as well for accounting professors with knowledge in US accounting principles and/or international accounting? What about banking opportunities? What level of chinese language proficiency do they expect?

Wow Mari,

With those skills, you should be able to write you own ticket in China! i think it might be easier than you think (as long as you understand that you are not going to get rich) .

Simply pick a couple of colleges or universities that you would like to teach at, and goggle their web site --- many will have on the home page teaching opportunities for western trained instructors ... But in any case, you can get a contact to the appropriate department head --- I think you will have a high success rate, and would not be at all surprised if you were provided with an English/Mandarin interpreter in your classes for those kinds of skills....

---Kim

You might even get a private accounting job. Try to connect with "That's Beijing.com" Not sure of the address. If it does not work try Google. Check out its Job ads, some teaching jobs included. There are some job finding sites on the net for China. Good hunting.

The company I work for has a Manufacturing Facility in Qindau and building another in Shanghai. My Boss told me he could arraigne a job for me in one of them if I want to move to China, my salary would top the 470,000 CNY range if I went. Will wait for Wife to get visa first so we can go back and forth from China and America. No Special Skills on my part just a Production Supervisor with no language capabilities.

I've seen many people who had taught english in China, does anybody know if there's opportunities as well for accounting professors with knowledge in US accounting principles and/or international accounting? What about banking opportunities?  What level of chinese language proficiency do they expect?

I think I've posted this link before, but thought you might find it interesting:

http://www.ey.com/global/content.nsf/China...b_Opportunities

This is my employer, but I make no warranties, express or implied. :P

I'm really not considering moving to China in the near future, unless we can't get the visa, which should not happen, though we had talked about the possibility of retiring and living half year in China and half in the US at the time. I have worked as an accounting professor for more than 8 years, plus my banking experience in the commercial lending area, and just wondered what are my options. I think it would be interesting to share my knowledge with chinese students, it must be a great experience, but I haven't been able to learn the language, in my place there are no mandarin classes available. :P If what Wayne says is true, he can have a great life in China, I think an average family can live well with $500-$600 a month, imagine $5000!!!!!