The Power of The Attorney

Thanks for all the advice, as I suspected, the best course of action is have her sign it.  The problem with this is I will have to fed ex it.  She doesn't have a computer and uses the kiosks or the school's.  If they have the capacity to print it, I don't know that she has the knowledge to download it. 

Sending it as a jpeg would work, if she can find a printer.  Otherwise, a fax machine will be best.

To this issue, does anyone know if any other K-3 documents need to be signed?  When I sent the I-130 off, I had no idea that I'd be doing the G-325A form again.  If I'd known I needed another set of signatures, I could've sent it snail mail and had it here when the NOA arrived.  Now I'm looking at more $$$ and more friggin' time.

Sorry, I needed to vent a little about redundancy.

Mark,

Sorry I didn't do the K3....

I assume you are talking about the I-129F..... I assume that many people do both the I-130 and the I-129F at the same time. If it asks for a reciept number, then that is the only thing you would have to wait for before filing the second form.

Why can't you use a copy of her G-325A? The INS has the original anyway.

The thing is.... If we ever had to do this again, we would all be experts with the system..... In a sense, we are alll "newbies" here :)

Good Luck,

Clifford

Seems to me, And of course I would NEVER do this. But if you needed a document signed by your wife/fiance, and she agreed to it. Why not sign it for her? All you would have to do is look at her signature, and maybe practice it a bit. Who is going to know?

Yea, yea, yea....I know ya'll are gonna flame me for advising to do something illegal. So, I am not advising, but just curious how they could find out.

Seems to me, And of course I would NEVER do this. But if you needed a document signed by your wife/fiance, and she agreed to it. Why not sign it for her? All you would have to do is look at her signature, and maybe practice it a bit. Who is going to know?

Yea, yea, yea....I know ya'll are gonna flame me for advising to do something illegal. So, I am not advising, but just curious how they could find out.

Of course, secretaries do that all the time for their bosses (without tons of paperwork authorizing it). They are supposed to initial it, but that doesn't always happen.

I have a letter (almost) "hand signed" by Senator Kit Bond :)

And, well, my boss decided that putting his John Henry onto stuff would take him away from his Solitare so he had two rubber stamps made with his signature, one at the front desk, one in his office.

----- Clifford -----

Just a quick note for those sending documents to China.

FedEx seems to only deliver to Large cities and then only certain areas.

Their coverage sucks.

UPS has a larger coverage area of China. They were quite fast in sending my documents there and back. I was very satisfied. They were also cheaper than FedEx. The only hold up was Chinese customs on the way there.

Just a quick note for those sending documents to China.

FedEx seems to only deliver to Large cities and then only certain areas.

Their coverage sucks.

UPS has a larger coverage area of China. They were quite fast in sending my documents there and back. I was very satisfied. They were also cheaper than FedEx. The only hold up was Chinese customs on the way there.

What is wrong with US Postal system I was going to send a package Fedex but they said $100, US postal said $40 and it was there in a week that was a year ago, today I sent a 20Lb box to China cost $102.95 I figure it will be there next weekend.

I faxed it to her and she's already signed the copies. She'll do the Chinese equivalent of Fed Ex/UPS and for $25 they'll get it here next week.

Luckily, the school she works at has a fax machine.

I started signing her name, even practiced her Chinese signature, had it all ready to go, looked at it and had misgivings about it. As good a forger as I am, I could tell it was forged. All I need is to have it get hung up on something as simple as this. I even thought about signing her name and initialing it, but since that's not in the instructions...

You're right Clifford, this is for the I-129F. I sent the same form, G-325A in for the I-130, not knowing I would need to send the same form in again.

Which makes me think, if I get the gumption, I'll list out all the forms that need to be sent in and the order which they need to be sent and the fee for the forms. Then I'll post it in the "whatchamacallit" board for future pilgrims. I looked at the cost of filing all the forms last week, over $1800 from start to finish with the new fees for K-3.

While it's true this is a negligable amount when I think about getting my wife here, it isn't compared to other things I want in my life. Add the costs of trips to China and weddings, mailings, etc. and this is an expensive proposition. Again, my wife is worth every penny, but I had no idea of the costs and time involved in marrying a foriegner. It wouldn't have changed my mind about getting married, but I would have planned a little better.

Posting that kind of info might help others, especially when it comes to paperwork.