NVC to GZ - timeline

Hi All,

My fiance is from Russia and she is living and working in Guangzhou, China. She will be interviewing for her K1 visa in Guangzhou.

NVC received my K1 petition on April 09, 2004 and I received a letter from NVC on April 20, 2004 stating that the petition will be sent to Guangzhou within a week.

When I called NVC to get the date of the petition being forwarded to GZ, the operator said that the security check has not been completed yet. Has anyone else experienced this? Or did I misread the NVC letter? What is the content of the NVC letter sent to the petitioner when the security check is completed? Below is the letter that I received from NVC. Please advise. Thank you!

Letter from NVC:

Dear Petitioner:

The State Department's National Visa Center has recently received an approved I-129F petition filed on behalf of your fiance. This letter is to let you know that within a week the petition will be forwarded to the appropriate visa-issuing post where your visa interview will take place.

Our records show that you filed the I-129F petition for:

Name of Fiance: XXX

INS Receipt Number: WAC...

Case Number: GUZ...

The case will be processed at:

Consulate General of the United States, Visa Unit

1 Shamian Street South

Guangzhou 510133

People's Republic of China

Your fiance will soon receive a packet with instructions for the consular section at this post on how to apply for the K1 visa at that post and what documents will be required.

Sincerely,

Burea of Consular Affairs

You must consider yourself very lucky if this is the case, and I can see that your I-129F has been processed in a center which is not Vermont, which is the fastest one. I can guess your case is close to complete the name clearance check. Mine was sent 44 days ago and no answer yet, I'm becoming a nervous wreck, just to think about our friend Clifford case makes me very anxious. Good luck and let us know what follows.

It's very strange what that operator told you. That's the letter that NVC sends out to notifiy you that your case has been "NVC approved" and is ready to be forwarded to GZ. Hence why they say "This letter is to let you know that within a week the petition will be forwarded to the appropriate visa-issuing post where your visa interview will take place."

I got the exact same letter you did - verbatim - but ours was dated March 12th. As you can see from our time line below, three days later our paperwork was sitting in Guangzhou waiting to be picked up by the bellboy at the White Swan Hotel ( ;) kind of). And I did the same thing as you - by coincidence, I called NVC on March 12th and asked the gal what the deal was with our petition, and she said it was picked up by DHL that same day.

So it's really strange that you got that lettet, yet when you call they say they are not done processing your petition yet. I thought they (NVC) only sends out that letter after they are finished doing all their rubber stamping. The only thing I can think of is ...

"Your lady is from Russia" and that fact alone is gonna cause you extra trouble :lol: . I suggest calling NVC again on Monday, you might get a more reassuring answer the second time around.

Hello Folks,

Well, I called NVC early today and I was told that the security clearance has been approved and the petition has been forwarded to GZ on Monday, May 3, 2004.

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you to all for your help and support. It's been a long and frustrating wait....and still waiting but getting closer to a new beginning... :D