Welcome to my world James. I've been there since January 16th. Hopeully something magical will happen tomorrow and I'll get an NOA-2. B) doubt it! I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride James. For some reason I have been able to do this. On the other hand my wife has been Mrs. Gloom & Doom.

If we aren't nearing the finishline by the end of August I will be heading to China for another 4 week visit. I'd rather use the time and money fixing up the house and staying home with Wei Ping after she gets here, but I have to consider her moral.

She has already offered to pay for my plane tickets twice, but it's not the money so much as the time. I used all my Vacation time up in October. I have to wait a while before I will have enough time to make the trip worth while. B)

Well James now the frustration starts. It will seem like forever and then it is over and looking back it seems like it was all a dream. I think some timelines are getting quicker now. My darlin's visa was approved March 10th. 9 months and 20 days total time from NOA1 to visa. Just be sure to keep documentation of all communication between the two of you and most importantly ENJOY your darlin. I know it is a long time to wait but it is a great opportunity to really get to know each other. Good luck in you journey,

Trigg

Welcome to my world James. I've been there since January 16th. Hopeully something magical will happen tomorrow and I'll get an NOA-2.  B)  doubt it! I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride James. For some reason I have been able to do this. On the other hand my wife has been Mrs. Gloom & Doom.

If we aren't nearing the finishline by the end of August I will be heading to China for another 4 week visit. I'd rather use the time and money fixing up the house and staying home with Wei Ping after she gets here, but I have to consider her moral.

She has already offered to pay for my plane tickets twice, but it's not the money so much as the time. I used all my Vacation time up in October. I have to wait a while before I will have enough time to make the trip worth while.  B)

Hey Marty I think me an Brian are also planning on going to Chongqing in Aug So let us know maybe we can have a get together in CQ

Welcome to my world James. I've been there since January 16th.

James,

Glad to hear of your progress.

Now, were you able to apply someplace other than Nebraska, Texas, or California?????

I have Marty beat by a bit...... I got my NOA1 on January 6th :D

Ummm, which year were you talking about????? :D :D :D

Anyway, it can be a long and arduous process, but thankfully there are a lot of good people to talk to on this board.

Marty,

If you were lucky enough to send your petition to Nebraska, Texas, or California..... Start planning your trip now. It would take an act of God to get the Visa before then. (with a little luck, you might have it by Thanksgiving). However, if you applied to the "other" center, then you may have it this summer.

Best Wishes to Everyone,

Clifford

Hey Marty I think me an Brian are also planning on going to Chongqing in Aug So let us know maybe we can have a get together in CQ

You betcha!!!! I would love to hook up.

Hey! We can meet at McDonalds :P

That would be cool, I just hope Brian's P3 catches up, he has been riddled with delay after delay, it just ain't right, I was waiting for NOA 2 while he was waiting for NVC now my P3 is already in the computer in GZ and she hasn't received her P3 yet.

Marty,

If you were lucky enough to send your petition to Nebraska, Texas, or California.....  Start planning your trip now.  It would take an act of God to get the Visa before then.  (with a little luck, you might have it by Thanksgiving).  However, if you applied to the "other" center, then you may have it this summer.

Best Wishes to Everyone,

Clifford

Well, if its got to go to one of the three it's gonna be Texas. I'm in Florida, but I'm doing K-3 if that makes a difference.

I'll wait another couple of months before buying tickets. The price should go down by then. Right now it will cost about $1100.00 to fly into Bei Jing from Orlando. Wei Ping will meet me there and we'll visit her brother. Then head for Chong Qing

Don't all the K-3s go to Missouri? I'm K-1 so I'm not sure.

OOoooo, Missouri. That's not one of the three Clifford wrote. :huh:

Is that good or bad? :D

--------------------

Marty, Longwood, FL WeiPing, Chong Qing

Married...................October 17, 2003

Pettition mailed....December 16, 2003

NOA1.......................January 16, 2004

NOA2............................April 16, 2004

Marty,

Judging that you just updated your timeline with the NOA2 in April, I would think things are sounding quite peachy for you. That was only 3 months.... Not quite as good as VSC for K1 visas, but definately better than the others :D

Looking at timelines, it is normally about 5 months or so after the NOA2 to get the visa..... There are lots of variables that can gain or cost a month, but you are looking good for late summer (August / September).

I assume that you filed both the I-129F and the I-130.

------------

Congratulations on NOA2 :unsure: :D :huh: :D :D :D