Gathering things for P3

Hi All,

My fiancee's going back to Taishan city next week. Since I'm figuring she should be getting packet 3 sometime in the near future (NVC cleared security checks), I figured it would be a good idea to go ahead and have her get the items needed for Packet 3.

On the OF-169:

Item #3 Police Certificate

Item #8 Marital Status certificate (proving you have not been married yet).

These two items expire in a year, right? She already has her birth certificate and passport. Anything else I should ask her to get?

She rarely goes back home, and it is rather inconvenient, so if she can get the things she needs now, it would be better.

Thanks,

P.J.

Divorce decrees if any and Birth certificates dont expire. Single certificate and police checks only good for one year. She needs to have at least 6 months on her passport.

You should get....

3 years of tax returns

Letter from your employer stating your salary or annual income

Divorce papers ( original disolution or copies from the county court)

Original Pictures of you and her together

Original documents of records such as phone calls and/or letters/emails. Just a sampling of them over a time period. Include the first one or two to show beginning dates of relationship.

You will also need to complete a family composition form with the P-4 paperwork that asks for numerous data including Parent's names, birthdates, birth place, sibilings names, birthdates, birth place, etc. She will also need to fill out this form.

Ummm,

I think the medical can also be done anytime within 6 months, or perhaps a year of the interview.

Of course, there is your stuff too DS-230, Financial stuff, letters of support, and etc. If you are planning on traveling to China for the interview, these may not be an issue. But, if you are planning on mailing them, perhaps one should start early (at least, the "Super Express" mail from the USPS which costs an arm and a leg normally takes over 2 weeks to arrive in Russia). Doesn't the DS-230 expire this summer? Will there be a new rev out soon?

Good luck with everything,

----- Clifford -----

Already took all documents she'll need in terms of I-134 (and supporting financial documents), evidence of relationship out to her last time I was in China.

I believe the consulate sends out the DS-230 with P3 (someone correct me if I'm wrong). The fiancee returns OF-169 and DS-230 immediately and then goes about collecting things, right?

Thanks,

P.J.

You are correct PJ but make sure she has all the biographic informations she will need for the P-4 documents. ie mother father sister brother addresses phone DOB etc. also she will need dates for any traveling outside of china she has done and police checks for anywhere she has lived more than 6 months.

Already took all documents she'll need in terms of I-134 (and supporting financial documents), evidence of relationship out to her last time I was in China. 

I believe the consulate sends out the DS-230 with P3 (someone correct me if I'm wrong).  The fiancee returns OF-169 and DS-230 immediately and then goes about collecting things, right?

Thanks,

P.J.

If I am correct there is also the P3 supplemental form too isn't there the one that asks about the telegraphic code

and police checks for anywhere she has lived more than 6 months.

Thats 1 year

I stand corrected Frank. This is from the FAQ at the GZ site.

Notarial police certificates are required from each visa applicant aged 16 or over issued by his/her local municipal notary office where he/she has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year.