So I have a question for people who can remember the time they were scheduling the interview in Guangzhou - I'm looking at the calendar right now and see quite a few open dates for December. However I'm still waiting on getting an I-864 sent over here from a relative in America, and this calendar is a bit worrisome. Basically, it has a lot of days for December open but January and February say "unavailable" and are un-clickable. I"m not sure if this is just because those dates haven't opened yet, if the website is just coded very poorly, or if the office is closed during that time, or all the appointments were taken or what. When you were scheduling, were future months available/ clickable on this interface? Does it appear that January and February are all booked? Here's an attachment for what I am seeing just for reference:

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/5120/NKIoxg.jpg

The scheduling site opens interview appointment scheduling a few weeks at a time, this is normal.

You won't be able to schedule appointments during holiday breaks. SEE: http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/45219-official-holiday-schedule/?p=594183

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm in exactly the same boat as you! This is the response I got from the consulate:

"Dear Petitioner,

Thank you for your email. Please be advised that new interview appointment slots are being made available once the existing ones are filled. You may want to try scheduling your visa interview at a later time when the visa appointment slots are available. And the usual interview time is in the morning. "

I was also told on the phone that the slots simply haven't opened yet.

It's driving us nuts because we're trying to buy plane tickets to GZ, but to do that we need to know when the interview will be, and it seems we'll only be able to schedule a few weeks in advance. As far as the I-864 goes, I was also worried for the same reason, but I asked the consulate if a copy of the original signed document would suffice, since they were across the world. The answer:

"Thank you for your email. Please note that the photocopy of completed and signed affidavit of support form is acceptable."

Hope this helps. Keep us updated!

I'm in exactly the same boat as you! This is the response I got from the consulate:

"Dear Petitioner,

Thank you for your email. Please be advised that new interview appointment slots are being made available once the existing ones are filled. You may want to try scheduling your visa interview at a later time when the visa appointment slots are available. And the usual interview time is in the morning. "

I was also told on the phone that the slots simply haven't opened yet.

It's driving us nuts because we're trying to buy plane tickets to GZ, but to do that we need to know when the interview will be, and it seems we'll only be able to schedule a few weeks in advance. As far as the I-864 goes, I was also worried for the same reason, but I asked the consulate if a copy of the original signed document would suffice, since they were across the world. The answer:

"Thank you for your email. Please note that the photocopy of completed and signed affidavit of support form is acceptable."

Hope this helps. Keep us updated!

Go with that if you need to, but they can and usually DO require an original for the file, signed in ink.

I would recommend that you do what you can to have the original on hand for the interview.

EMS delivery only takes a week. Send via USPS Priority Mail Express International. Fedex, or UPS are available to some (but not all) Chinese locations.