Happy birthday Dennis 143!

Thomas Promise

That was great. Very funny, Randy. Everyone got a hoot outta that.

Thanks for the B'day wish Tom and Larry. Ya know, for some reason every year I grow older so does everyone else. I think I'm still just a coot, but maybe closing in on codger, but certainly still not reached geezer status yet. :D

• Like 4

Happy birthday Dennis! What's the number?

Born in Dec 1949 makes it easy to remember my age... 50 at year 2000. Thanks again, all you old codgers. :D

hmmm.... mebbe I am a geezer... well, except for that Barry White part...

Urban dictionary claims that "Codger" is drevitave of coffin dodger.

"Coot" they claim is a foolish old man.

geezer is a descriptive word in the UK which is used to define a mans characteristics. A geezer will be found usually out side a pub with a pint in his hand on match day. They commonly like football, scrapping, beer, tea, tits, and Barry white.

Celebrated by getting my Ratrod back from the mechanic who had it the last 4 months. Runs like a well-oiled sewing maching now...

http://i68.tinypic.com/4hbc5t.jpg woohoo!

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Happy birthday Dennis! What's the number?

Born in Dec 1949 makes it easy to remember my age... 50 at year 2000. Thanks again, all you old codgers. :D

hmmm.... mebbe I am a geezer... well, except for that Barry White part...

Urban dictionary claims that "Codger" is drevitave of coffin dodger.

"Coot" they claim is a foolish old man.

geezer is a descriptive word in the UK which is used to define a mans characteristics. A geezer will be found usually out side a pub with a pint in his hand on match day. They commonly like football, scrapping, beer, tea, tits, and Barry white.

Celebrated by getting my Ratrod back from the mechanic who had it the last 4 months. Runs like a well-oiled sewing maching now...

http://i68.tinypic.com/4hbc5t.jpg woohoo!

Sounds like you got this old stuff down

Like that car man!

• Like 1

What was wrong with the Rat?

It would run good for a while and then idle very rough, cough, sputter, backfire. It's a 351c, if you recall with an Edelbrock 1406 4bbl and HEI distributor. I isolated it to the distributor and replaced the coil, wire harness, control module, condensor, cap, rotor... exchanged the carb for a rebuilt. Bottom line I need a pro shop to troubleshoot and fix, but there just ain't a lot of mechanics who want to work on someone's project car. Most mechanic make their money on computer diagnosis, RR newer cars. Hotrod shops all seem to be very busy... I suppose there's a lot of olde men like me with extra SS money to spend on a hotrod. Anyway, I finally found a man who worked on it at his shop in his spare time. He said he enjoyed working on it, was like a hobbie to him. Never asked for money, but I still ended up giving him two checks for $500 ea. The problem was (I think he said) there's a spring under the top distributor plate that was defective. He got the motor dailed in plus he fixed a lot of little things that were needed... rear shocks, replaced a stabilizer bar, fuel pump, fixed the door that wouldn't stay shut and wanted to toss me out on my fanny everytime I made a right turn.

He fell in love with the car and didn't want to give her up... :)

I don't plan on restoring her, just want a good runner that I can putt around in. Next will be looking for a shop to replace some cracked windows. My Chinese wife and her friends just don't get what's my facination with this olde, loud, noisy car. Yet, lots of round eyed ladies are always telling me how they like my car... go figger uh?

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)