Hi there!

My fiancee doesn't know what the type of membership with the CCP she has. She just says she is the lowest level of member. She joined as a student and hasn't done anything else besides pay her dues.

I see a lot of talk about "rank and file members" when talking about the CCP, but I feel like that's always in relation to a job that has "rank and file" duties. I may be totally wrong. I'm just confused. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks,

Matthew

She is "rank and file" - the grunts, the largest segment of membership.

I don't recall that she could be asked "her level", but there will be a variety of questions to ascertain her involvement and dedication to the party.

You didn't ask, but I will offer that honesty is the best policy, no massaging of the facts.

Greg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Awesome! Thanks for clearing that up!

I wanted to know this, so that I could prepare the letter stating her involvement with the party in case they decide to do Administrative Processing. Fingers extra crossed though! Her case is pretty benign, joining as a student and only having been a member for 2 years.

We certainly will be honest about everything. We're already very honest people, but we definitely don't want to take any chances with our future.

Thanks again for the reply! Sorry I posted this ages ago and totally forgot about it. The immigration process can sometimes leave my brain scrambled xD

Someone recently posted here that the fiancé, after honestly checking the box that she had been a member of the CCP, was not subject to AP and background check at the Guangzhou stage.

I was skeptical but my wife says that someone on the AP WeChat group also mentoined that she was not put into AP over CCP issues (or is it the same person?).

It is still part part of AOS here, if the couple have gone the K1 route.

• 1 month later...

Hi Greg!

Thanks for your reply! I'm guessing you might be referring to Nathan&Min's post on here:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/49272-our-interview-results-and-questions-moving-forward/?do=findComment&comment=634161

If not, I'd love your link to another post! It is certainly encouraging to hear that people seem to be avoiding the CCP issue!

My fiancee has started getting worried and anxious recently about the whole process. It has been really disheartening watching the processing times for the K-1 increase. It looks like we'd be having her interview in May (we submitted at the end of July, NOA1 was 8/1/17). We were thinking it was going to be 5-6 months when we applied and now it's looking like at least 9 until the interview. It would be an immense relief if we weren't subject to AP at the Guangzhou stage. We like everybody here, just want to be together as soon as possible.

So, I referred to a wechat group (in Chinese language) which she refers to as the "AP group". At least one person there was recently not subject to the AP wait while she waiting for her K1 visa, despite also having some history of CCP membership.

Then, like I said, it is part of the AOS interview stateside and is at least one way to invoke a background check by the FBI. In the end, it didn't contribute to the long wait for the green card as much as just sitting in a pile waiting for someone to process our case or just ordinary mistakes on their part.

if she can't find that wechat group, let me know and I can get some identifying information. Waiting is a huge part of getting a green card and getting settled here. I guess if you are already here and she there, then K1 will get you together faster so you can do the waiting together here.

Everything is moving SOOO SLOOOWWWWW here.

Gotcha! I thought you were referring to another post on here as well.

I'm really not worried about the CCP membership at the AOS point. I feel like we should have no worries once she's actually here. Fingers crossed at least!

Regarding the wechat group, if we end up with AP, I may mention that group to her and see if she wants to join. For now we'll just stay hopeful!

Thanks for the help!