Travel while waiting for permanent green card

Hi all,

We are waiting for my wife's permanent green card to arrive - we filed our I-751 in July. My question is: can my wife still travel to China and back to the US while waiting. Her old green card is expired but we have the document stating it is extended for a year. Thinking we can just bring that but wanted to double check.

Also, completely unrelated, but I'm curious if we need to do anything in the US to "legitimize" our marriage other than what we've already done by getting a marriage visa/green card.

Hi all,

We are waiting for my wife's permanent green card to arrive - we filed our I-751 in July. My question is: can my wife still travel to China and back to the US while waiting. Her old green card is expired but we have the document stating it is extended for a year. Thinking we can just bring that but wanted to double check.

Also, completely unrelated, but I'm curious if we need to do anything in the US to "legitimize" our marriage other than what we've already done by getting a marriage visa/green card.

If you're married, you're married.

There are people who have gotten married twice - first in China, then in the US - but the legal way is to simply use your whitebook certificate wherever a marriage certificate is called for.

Yes, the green card extension will allow her to travel. We have heard of cases where an airline employee questioned its validity - simply call for a supervisor if this happens