F2A. P3. Do i need to fill out I 864 twice? one for my wife, one for m

Just one I-864 is needed. You list child in the sections regarding additional immigrants being sponsored (Will be family member #1), and count them in part 5 Box 1 as being sponsored.

I-864 provides for sponsoring more than one immigrant.

Just one I-864 is needed. You list child in the sections regarding additional immigrants being sponsored (Will be family member #1), and count them in part 5 Box 1 as being sponsored.

Thank you so much.

One more question, the box 4 is If you have dependent children, enter the number here. I put 1. so box 5 if you have any other dependents, enter the number here, I put 0.

Since I put 1 in box 4, I should put 0 in box 5. right?

So the total number is 3.

I can't think of a single reason why you wouldn't want to BE PREPARED with TWO copies of the I-864, SIGNED SEPARATELY and ready to turn in at the interview, if asked for.

I read the I 864 form again. Right now, Part 2. Information about the principal immigrant. I put in my wife's info.

Part 3. Family Member 1. I put in my child's info since my child is an accompany immigrant.

If I file two I 864. I will have to list my child as the principal immigrant in Part 2, which is not true.

They have the same GUZ case number and invoice number, only different IDs from NVC.

Am I right?

I can't think of a single reason why you wouldn't want to BE PREPARED with TWO copies of the I-864, SIGNED SEPARATELY and ready to turn in at the interview, if asked for.

I read the I 864 form again. Right now, Part 2. Information about the principal immigrant. I put in my wife's info.

Part 3. Family Member 1. I put in my child's info since my child is an accompany immigrant.

If I file two I 864. I will have to list my child as the principal immigrant in Part 2, which is not true.

They have the same GUZ case number and invoice number, only different IDs from NVC.

Am I right?

Ask the Visa Officer at the interview.

The two immigrants will have different A#'s and different case files - and TWO green cards.

Saving a little bit of ink and paper doesn't seem like a valid concern. It's your choice.

Your child is NOT the principal immigrant, your wife is. Don't change the copy, except to sign it separately.

I-864 Affidavit of Support (FAQs)

Does each accompanying family member need separate documents if they are traveling with the principal applicant?
No. However, dependents immigrating with the principal applicant must have a photocopy of the principal applicant's Form I-864, and I-864A if applicable.

Thanks. So I just need to make a copy of 864. I don't fill one up for the minor child. Thanks for clarifying this.