The Philippines

The ole trucker on the other site went there a couple of time, remember. But he did not come over here when CFV wend down he seemed to love it. YouTube it I have seen many expats that live there that love give their opinions and advice. Just last night I was looking at Mexico. They all say that you can live pretty nice life there in certain places that the Americans have taken over and the locals have been thriving on them and really appreciate them being there and every one has learned to speak english. You can have a really nice place for 300 to 500 dollars a month with all utilities paid and food is something like $2.00 to $5.00 a day. The place that I was looking at had a new really state of the are hospital. It is a hell of a lot closer than the Philippines. Now having said that he said that up the coast a little further the cost of living was double that and still a little further up the coast the coast of living was three time that. The developer where he is living is planning on putting in 3,000 more units. They provide homes, apartments, assisted living and even nursing homes. The nursing home are $1000 per month everything included. Can't be worse than the nursing home here in the US.

You just have to look around on the computer and then go have a look see. There were some pretty high class folks living at this particular one that seemed to be very happy, one was a author, Old Playboy Bunny etc, etc.

Take if easy young man.

This is comparing to Manila...the most expensive place to live in the Philippines.

Comparing Manila to my city of Cincinnati or the other same said type cities like Pittsburgh, St Louis or Indianapolis is blue light special. You can search other cities in the Phils to get a cost comparison. A former CFL guy DMikeS4321 is on Facebook and he lives in Manila now. I just chatted with him about 2 weeks ago. If you like to talk to him PM me and I will see if I can help you to get together.

I've heard Boracay is awesome.

Most definitely was awesome!

I would still put Thailand and Vietnam above Boracay on my list of places to go in SE Asia. Actually early this month I was also visiting Lombok (the island just east of Bali in Indonesia); Lombok was solid (especially the beaches on the southside of the island), but the 3 Gili islands just north of Lombok (like a 30 minute boat ride) were amazing! Stunning beaches, nice people, no cars/motor bikes allowed on the island (just horse carriages or walking), and a great time. Even though not an island or beach-filled location, Siem Reap and Angkor Wat was potentially the best place I have ever traveled to, simply breathtaking..........

• 3 weeks later...