Documents needed for immgrant visa application of minor child

My wife got a call that DS260 for my step son needs correction ,the first name has to e exactly the same as in the passport , went into the ceac.gov and made the correction and save it but not able to sign and submit it . Anyone has experience ? I am going to call Guangzhou when they are open . Can anyone share their address fir the interview in Chinese and English ? Thanks

You can also call the ustraveldocs helpline, and/or email the consulate, using their online webform

The Consulate's address is for the big gate - see http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/47488-some-pictures-of-the-new-consulate/. The Great Hall is next to the subway exit B1 on Huali Rd. at Zhujiang New Town.

The Consulate is near 花城广场 (Huāchéng Guǎngchǎng) Huangcheng Square, or Flower City Square

Already sent them .

Isn't error going to be corrected at the interview ? Before signing the form ?

Well, yes - as long as this progresses to the interview stage, this should not be a problem.

You'd want the screenshots to include one showing that you DID enter the correct information, which I would think THEY would be able to enter FOR you, if it comes to that.

Thanks . I did ,,,, the screen shots show corrected first name because the DS 260 on line allows it to be edited and saved , but, once it was already signed and submitted , it can not be resubmitted even it can be edited and saved.

Being a foreigner , I did not know Chinese three word name has to be spelled out all , including the middle name .

For us foreigners, no want cares about the middle name....

Thanks . I did ,,,, the screen shots show corrected first name because the DS 260 on line allows it to be edited and saved , but, once it was already signed and submitted , it can not be resubmitted even it can be edited and saved.

Being a foreigner , I did not know Chinese three word name has to be spelled out all , including the middle name .

There are no middle names, a given name is 1 or 2 characters with family name being a single character.

Kind of like dropping a few letters off of your name leaving out one of the characters in a Chinese name.

There are no middle names, a given name is 1 or 2 characters with family name being a single character.

Kind of like dropping a few letters off of your name leaving out one of the characters in a Chinese name.

Family name can be 2 characters - 4 character names are somewhat rare, but do occur. Our grandson's name is 梁哲晨曦 LiangzheChenxi.

The NAME field is a single field, NOT broken up into first/middle/last, with plenty of space for 3 or 4 Chinese characters, but not nearly enough for a Western name.

An interesting side effect of the 2 to 4 character names is that to redact a name on a receipt, they will usually just replace the first character with an asterisk - e.g., 唐绍英 becomes *绍英.

When they do that with MY name, though, RandyW becomes *andyW.

Dear all ; The Consulate called my wife on Monday afternoon and said it looked like the DS 260 system still had problem and my step son interview tomorrow might be cancelled . My wife then asked a local paid visa office , my goodness, they succeeded in fixing the problem and signed and submitted the application. We got the receipt saying that the application has been forwarded to the consulate . I sent an email notifying them that the problem has been fixed and the application has been submitted on line. Requesting for the interview to be held as planned on Tues, Nov 21 9:20 am . Have not heard anything from them yet.

Hopefully they are kind enough to accomodate it . I mentioned my wife had to postpone her surgery to remove invasive breast cancer in order to accompany her son. I hope they are good people willing to take care of this .

Dear all ; The Consulate called my wife on Monday afternoon and said it looked like the DS 260 system still had problem and my step son interview tomorrow might be cancelled . My wife then asked a local paid visa office , my goodness, they succeeded in fixing the problem and signed and submitted the application. We got the receipt saying that the application has been forwarded to the consulate . I sent an email notifying them that the problem has been fixed and the application has been submitted on line. Requesting for the interview to be held as planned on Tues, Nov 21 9:20 am . Have not heard anything from them yet.

Hopefully they are kind enough to accomodate it . I mentioned my wife had to postpone her surgery to remove invasive breast cancer in order to accompany her son. I hope they are good people willing to take care of this .

Good for her! Sometimes it just takes someone doing the (in this case, online) legwork! As long as the DS260 goes through, it shouldn't be a problem. I would advise him (and/or her) to go to the interview regardless, unless it is ACTUALLY canceled.

These things CAN be taken care of, especially if it comes to her being face-to-face with the Visa Officer.

The consulate called my wife yesterday afternoon about 2 :15 pm and said perhaps since the DS 260 application had not been fixed , the interview might be cancelled . But, then, at 3:05 , someone helped her and fixed the application & submitted . Hope the interview can still take place today given that the application has been fixed and submitted .

What recourse do we have if they have already pulled his name out of the interview list today ?

Is the American Citizen Service window available ?

Thanks.

in less than 3 hours, Consulate called and gave Wayne his passport and visa .

The kid is excited . He said he doesn't want to use his Chinese name anymore and asked me to change his name to Wayne once he arrives.

Where can I have his name officially changed in the US ?

Either through the courts (talk to a lawyer about what is required in your state), or watch for opportunities during the immigrations process. But I believe that would be possible only when he naturalizes.

Or simply start calling him "Wayne".