Documents required at port-of-entry

We're almost done (thanks in part to the great help given here).

My wife and daughter have IR-1 and IR-2 visas, and we'll be going to the US in a week or so.

But there's some last-minute paranoia about documents that will be required at the port of entry.

The things I know about are

(1) Passport (obviously)

(2) Sealed envelop mailed to us after interview

(3) CD with medical info (x-ray's, I suppose)

But then, in some text I copied from this site (I think), it says

(Following the medical exam ...)

You will be given two sheets of paper, a sealed envelope, and a sealed CD.

The sealed ones are to be given to the consular during the interview. Don’t open them beforehand.

The other two papers will be needed when coming into the United States.

What are these two sheets of paper ??

Also, we have various little yellow books documenting vaccinations. Are those needed?

Anything else ??

Edited by ciao (see edit history)

Your quote came from here - http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/48592-a-guide-to-dcf-for-dummies/?do=findComment&comment=628261, right above the "Preparing for Interview" heading.

I don't think there ARE "two sheets of paper" that are needed at the POE , but you WILL want to have paid your green card fee

The yellow book is exactly that - a vaccination record which may come in handy for other reasons, but which is not needed for immigration purposes once they have been transcribed onto your I-693 medical record.

The CD probably won't be asked for or looked at, but of course you want to keep it handy. My wife used her x-ray for medical reference for several years afterward, but it was never needed for immigration.

• Like 1

Thanks, Randy.

So, sounds like the medical CD could be removed from my list.

Should we carry receipts for the green card fees?

Like I said, though - keep it handy.

The green card fee can be paid at any time, including after you've been processed at the POE. As long as it HAS been paid, the entry will trigger processing of the green card.