Expedited request I-130 Petition Minor Child of USC

I had to file an expedited request on the basis of emergency yesterday with the USCIS Customer Service Center.

My petition for my step son was filed on Feb 27 with the Texas Service Center and so far is still in processing.

My concern is about his safety . His biological father has beaten him up before . Serious beating. Luckily he was able to escape and ran outside to ask help from neighbors.

Otherwise, he could have been hospitalized . We are talking about serious beating on the head . He is 13 yo.

From Sun - Fri he used to live in the school dorm and he went home to his grandma place on Fri and Sat night.

His biological father has remarried and raised another boy - 10 yo . He doesn't want my step son, but , he wants the financial support that my wife has provided the grandma to take care of my step son.

He likes to give pressure to the grandma to not host my step son . The issue is his explosive temper which really brings a major safety concern.

My wife is in China now since early July until Sept because the kid is not in school. We are concerned that if his grandma doesn't want to take care of him during this time, he has no choice but to be with his father.

This can bring a major safety concern.

I don't know how low life this man can be. He wants money out of people who takes care of his son. Otherwise, his temper may flare and he doesn't hesitate to do beating to his son.

In China, domestic matter is not seriously addressed unless it involves a foreigner. He saw my wife and me as a source of money if he can extract , instead of being thankful that someone wants to accept his son and brings him to the United States to enroll in school and be a good person.

Just recently, his current wife saw my wife and her son in the shopping area , it really made them very upset. He immediately called his son to harass him. He really wants his son to leave town to go the US but he believes his son will later beg to come back to China. While in China , he wants his son to live with him and his new family but with my wife supporting them with the living expense.

What an absolute jerk !

The court custody agreement has been assigned to my wife and he also signed a notarized document that he agrees for his son to immigrate to the US with my wife expense.

Not me. Searching at visajourney, I see that it does happen.

You might think about what evidence you have or can acquire to bolster your case. I see some people did not have success until they got a congressman/senator involved.

I'm sure others will follow with advice.

Went to the local USCIS office today.

The officer opened up my case. He said that my request for expedited service has been denied.

He also said that my application is now being reviewed or on an officer 's desk for review / process .

He doesn't know when it will be completed . All he can tell is the application is not lost .

Well, overall, it is much more useful than calling the USCIS customer service ......

having said that hopefully it is not too far distant we will get the news....