Visa Interview Success!

Just a quick update, my husband went for his visa interview today at the Guangzhou consulate and he was approved! For anyone interested, we had the appointment at 10am and arrived around 920. He was able to bring in his cellphone, and queued out front until all the 10am appointments were allowed in. The whole process only took about an hour and a half. The officer was friendly, didn't ask much about my husband's work experience but wanted to know basic things like how long we'd been together, and information and paperwork for our son, who was born here. My father was a joint sponsor, so that must've helped. After all was said and done, the visa was approved. We need his passport to travel back to our home city, so the officer gave us instructions on submitting the passport to the CITIC bank that we registered as the mailing pick up address. If anyone is going through the process now and has any questions, I'm happy to help if I can!

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

This is Tom. Our history here at 'Candles' is a denial on 601A last year. But now 16 months later, we got APPROVED on a 601. Thank God!

Our 601 appeal was 400pp.

My Question: When do we get the Immigrant Visa? interview was Aug 15, today is Aug 23. Yulian just visited the Citi-Bank in Guangzhou

at 10am on the 24th local time. Is this long wait normal. She has been sitting in a hotel 15 days, including the early medical appt.

It seems there is no way to move the embassy printer to prepare and deliver the docs. Or am I missing something? As soon as she gets it

it is off to the airport. the waiting never gets easy.

Thanks to all on this site, Randy ,Dan, for ideas and emotional support. it helps!

• Like 1