How long does it take for an I94 to be issued?

My friend entered the US in February, and then entered the US again a week ago. We logged into the online I94 system. Her most recent entry isn't listed on the I94 site. Instead, her previous entry from February is listed with an expiration of 8/18/2017 (six months from February) and it shows her leaving in March.

Does ICE generally reuse the previous I94 or is this an error?

Edited by loveatfirstsite42 (see edit history)

What does her passport say?

Upon arrival, a CBP officer stamps the travel document of each arriving non-immigrant traveler with the admission date, the class of admission, and the date that the traveler is admitted until. If a traveler would like a paper Form I-94, one can be requested during the inspection process. All requests will be accommodated in a secondary setting.

• 2 weeks later...

CBP is what handles entries. Contact the nearest CBP deferred inspection office to correct the entry.

It's possible to enter on a previous I-94 after a trip of less than 30 days to Canada or Mexico, but she was gone too long for that to be the case.

I think he's a few steps ahead of you - this was a BOTCHED entry, not a DEFERRED entry. Once he realized what had happened, I expect they were able to straighten it out, but he still hasn't reported back.

Deferred inspections are used when an immediate decision concerning the immigration status of an arriving traveler cannot be made at the port of entry due to a lack of documentation.