Hello,
I submitted the DS-260 online and get the confirmation code. Then I registered myself on the cgi website for contact info and pick up location stuff. I applied the tourist's visa before so I updated some of the info. After filled everything I got the confirmation letter but it's still the ds-160 confirmation no. I think that's my tourist's visa confirmation no. for the interview last time. Should it be the ds-260 confirmation no. cuz I submitted the ds-260 form? I have no idea how to update that one or it doesn't matter? The site says you won't get a interview appointment notice if the confirmation no. is not the same. Anyone knows this issue? How can I solve this problem. Thanks in advance!!

Jeff

Hello,

I submitted the DS-260 online and get the confirmation code. Then I registered myself on the cgi website for contact info and pick up location stuff. I applied the tourist's visa before so I updated some of the info. After filled everything I got the confirmation letter but it's still the ds-160 confirmation no. I think that's my tourist's visa confirmation no. for the interview last time. Should it be the ds-260 confirmation no. cuz I submitted the ds-260 form? I have no idea how to update that one or it doesn't matter? The site says you won't get a interview appointment notice if the confirmation no. is not the same. Anyone knows this issue? How can I solve this problem. Thanks in advance!!

Jeff

It's not clear from what you're saying if you actually have a DIFFERENT confirmation number for the DS-260. Are you able to schedule an interview?

If not, USTravelDocs - Contact Us

Hello,

Jeff

It's not clear from what you're saying if you actually have a DIFFERENT confirmation number for the DS-260. Are you able to schedule an interview?

No, I'm not at the interview schedule part yet. The consular sent me a email to submit the ds260 online, which I did and get a confirmation page. It has a confirmation number on it. Then I need to mail the ds260 confirmation page, the passport personal page, the visa photos and the submission letter. Then you need to go to CGI website to register for yourself. I had a account before cuz I applied for tourists visa before. Then I updated my contact info and delivery address stuff cuz I live in different city now. Then I select New Application/Schedule appointment, choose immigrant visa scheduled by NVC only, next next next to the final page, which says

Your Transaction Is Complete

Please click "Printable Version", print the confirmation, and bring it with you to your interview.

Basically the form is like

Applicant Name: Passport Number: UID: U.S. Consulate General: GUANGZHOU (广州) Trip Purpose: Registration Visa Class: CR1 Document Delivery Type: Pick Up Location Name: 上海-打浦桥 Shanghai - Da Pu Qiao Address 1: 瑞金南路1号海兴广场1楼(1F,Haixing Plaza,No.1 South Ruijin Rd) Address 2: City: 黄埔 Huangpu State: Shanghai 上海 Postal Code: 200023 DS-160 Confirmation Number:

As you can see in the last field is DS-160 confirmation number, which I think is the old one I used to tourists visa. I got a different ds-260 confirmation no after submitted the ds-260 online. This field makes me confused. And the website says

Attention: You will NOT be allowed to attend your visa interview and we cannot process your visa application if your DS-160 barcode number is different from the number on your Appointment Confirmation letter. This will cause delay in applying for and receiving your visa. To avoid delay, please ensure the following:

1: Make sure the DS-160 barcode number matches the barcode number in your UStraveldocs profile and on your Appointment Confirmation letter.

2: If you applied for a U.S. visa previously, please update your current DS-160 barcode number in your UStraveldocs profile.

3: We suggest you copy/paste the DS-160 barcode number from the electronic PDF version you received by email.

4: Pay attention to similar characters such as 0 vs. O, 1 vs. I, S vs. 8, B vs. 8 when creating your profile.

I'm not that sure about that field is right or not so I didn't mailed the documents to the Guangzhou Consular yet. After they received my documents and review them, then they will ask me to schedule the interview so I'm not at that part yet. Don't know if explained clearly or not

Thanks

Jeff

Hello,

Jeff

No, I'm not at the interview schedule part yet. The consular sent me a email to submit the ds260 online, which I did and get a confirmation page. It has a confirmation number on it. Then I need to mail the ds260 confirmation page, the passport personal page, the visa photos and the submission letter. Then you need to go to CGI website to register for yourself. I had a account before cuz I applied for tourists visa before. Then I updated my contact info and delivery address stuff cuz I live in different city now. Then I select New Application/Schedule appointment, choose immigrant visa scheduled by NVC only, next next next to the final page, which says

Please click "Printable Version", print the confirmation, and bring it with you to your interview.

Applicant Name: Passport Number: UID: U.S. Consulate General: GUANGZHOU (广州) Trip Purpose: Registration Visa Class: CR1 Document Delivery Type: Pick Up Location Name: 上海-打浦桥 Shanghai - Da Pu Qiao Address 1: 瑞金南路1号海兴广场1楼(1F,Haixing Plaza,No.1 South Ruijin Rd) Address 2: City: 黄埔 Huangpu State: Shanghai 上海 Postal Code: 200023 DS-160 Confirmation Number:

As you can see in the last field is DS-160 confirmation number, which I think is the old one I used to tourists visa. I got a different ds-260 confirmation no after submitted the ds-260 online. This field makes me confused. And the website says

Attention: You will NOT be allowed to attend your visa interview and we cannot process your visa application if your DS-160 barcode number is different from the number on your Appointment Confirmation letter. This will cause delay in applying for and receiving your visa. To avoid delay, please ensure the following:

1: Make sure the DS-160 barcode number matches the barcode number in your UStraveldocs profile and on your Appointment Confirmation letter.

2: If you applied for a U.S. visa previously, please update your current DS-160 barcode number in your UStraveldocs profile.

3: We suggest you copy/paste the DS-160 barcode number from the electronic PDF version you received by email.

4: Pay attention to similar characters such as 0 vs. O, 1 vs. I, S vs. 8, B vs. 8 when creating your profile.

I'm not that sure about that field is right or not so I didn't mailed the documents to the Guangzhou Consular yet. After they received my documents and review them, then they will ask me to schedule the interview so I'm not at that part yet. Don't know if explained clearly or not

Thanks

Jeff

Maybe I'm still not understanding your situation, but 1, 2 and 3 here seem to tell you what to do. If not, hopefully someone more familiar with this stage can help.

Make sure that you are entering information for an IMMIGRANT visa (e.g., DS-260, instead of DS-160). Seems like I've heard of others having problems with the USTravelDocs website applying for an Immigrant visa after having previously gotten a non-immigrant visa, so perhaps a call to their help desk is in order.

Hello,

Jeff

Thanks

Jeff

Maybe I'm still not understanding your situation, but 1, 2 and 3 here seem to tell you what to do. If not, hopefully someone more familiar with this stage can help.

Make sure that you are entering information for an IMMIGRANT visa (e.g., DS-260, instead of DS-160). Seems like I've heard of others having problems with the USTravelDocs website applying for an Immigrant visa after having previously gotten a non-immigrant visa, so perhaps a call to their help desk is in order.

I selected the immigrant visa scheduled by NVC only, if I select immigrant visa then it says my case id can't be found. Yeah I find some people have similar problem online but nobody knows. It shouldn't have a ds-160 confirmation code in the confirmation letter, but maybe because I applied a non-immigrant visa before using that account. I'll give them a call and see what they will say. By the way I tried called the shanghai hotline on weekends and there is no option for customer service representative only self-helped indicating voice message. Maybe because it's on weekends? I'll call again later. Thanks for your help Randy!!

Jeff

I called them and they said they have a ds-160 confirmation no field because I applied for non-immigrant visa before so the that field is there automatically. They helped me deleted the field now everything is okay now. On the final confirmation letter there shouldn't be a ds-160 confirmation no field. Also for customer service representative you need to listen to the whole self-helped voice message and then you can press 5 to forward to the customer service representative. Hope the people have same situation can have a clue how to deal with that now

Edited by Randy W
added highlighting (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • 2 months later...

I called them and they said they have a ds-160 confirmation no field because I applied for non-immigrant visa before so the that field is there automatically. They helped me deleted the field now everything is okay now. On the final confirmation letter there shouldn't be a ds-160 confirmation no field. Also for customer service representative you need to listen to the whole self-helped voice message and then you can press 5 to forward to the customer service representative. Hope the people have same situation can have a clue how to deal with that now

Thank you for sharing, Jeff.