Sorry for this late response but I just saw this news about Carl. I haven't been around here for a long time, except for the past week or so. So hard to believe.

Much respect, Carl was a great man who was exceptionally helpful to my family and to me. I hope that Carl's family is doing OK. So Blessed for his assistance. Never met him personally, but I always read his many posts and like most of you, I feel like I lost a close friend.

Carl was a pretty clever guy who seemed to have figured most things out. I'm sure he was waived right through into Heaven without needing to fill out any forms, wait to interview at Guz or document his relationship with the Almighty via a couple hundred photos together.

Life is precious. Make every day count. Love to all and thanks to all here for being there whenever I have a question or just want to vent a bit.

Best,

True Blue

Edited by True Blue (see edit history)

One gift Carl left us was the threads where he shared his work making guitars. He took us through the process, step by step, and I will never forget those valuable lessons. He was a talented man, indeed. He also gave me a gift I will always treasure. He sent me a pen made in the colors that signify being a Vietnam veteran. I still have it in a place of honor on my book shelf.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I just saw this today, I'm very sorry to hear this. :(

If CFL needs hosting and some disk space, I may be able to provide it at no cost. If you want, please contact me and we'll see what we can arrange.

CFL was a huge help to me back when I needed it (going on 10 years now, sheesh) and if I can return the favor somehow, I'd be happy to do so.

Disk space is not our problem nor hosting, but thanks.
  • 10 months later...

Here it is a year later and I just saw the sad news of Carls passing. It shakes me that he is gone. I remember the lessons and advice he passed on to those of us whose wives and fiancees were going through the Guangzhou interview process around 2004 and the ordeal that he and Bing endured.

Rest in peace Carl.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Oh My! I am so sorry to hear this. Really don't know what I can add to what everyone else has said. He was just such a level headed man that would help you out in any way that he could. A wise man that certainly helped me out through the processes Rong and I went through in 2007-2008. Rest well my friend. You are dearly missed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...