returning to the U.S problems with cbp

So last night I met my wife's friend who was traveling from china to U.S. in the past she told me that she was detained for two hours in canada her bags were opened and was asked questions like :"do you date black men?" why don't you date black men?". this sounds like harassment my wife and i will be coming back through canada from china in october. my wife is afraid this might happen. is there anything that i can do to prevent this from happening? i tried to look for a number to call but could not find it. anyone have this kind of situation happen?

When passing through the POE do so together, they should see that you are husband and wife and one is a US Citizen. They rarely harass people when one is a citizen.

Note Vancouver and Toronto are the POE for the states, you will be dealing with CBP there and then flying domestic to your final destination in the states.

When passing through the POE do so together, they should see that you are husband and wife and one is a US Citizen. They rarely harass people when one is a citizen.

Note Vancouver and Toronto are the POE for the states, you will be dealing with CBP there and then flying domestic to your final destination in the states.

i believe this was in toronto im not sure if her boyfriend was with her at the time. but i think she told them she had a white boyfriend because they asked her why she dating a white person and not a black person.

i believe this was in toronto im not sure if her boyfriend was with her at the time. but i think she told them she had a white boyfriend because they asked her why she dating a white person and not a black person.

Do not discuss personal matters with a Immigrations Officer, and do not spread third party stories.

Sounds like one ass of an officer either trying for a reaction or just being an a-hole. CBP officers tend to be very professional.

I would not worry any about the CBP.

• Like 1

Canada is know for tough border police. Used to golf in Canada on corporate trips and we were always advised to keep your mouth shut and act innocent. No joking or swearing. Apparently one guy make the stupid remark about "they are looking for a bomb" and one of the CPB told them to pull over to the side. They stripped every piece of the car down

You may go now, sir was the last word.