Hello everyone,

We applied for our DCF about a month ago, and we received the news of filling out the DS260 and passport copy, photos, etc yesterday night. We received unfortunate news of my mothers passing and rushed here (Texas) from China to attend my mothers funeral, and we will not be able to return to China until July due to I have business here.

Will someone be able to turn in these documents through CITIC Bank on behalf of us in China? They have all of the documents already.

Please advise

Nathan

Here's a hypothetical:

My company is pushing me to move to the United States for my job in our new US office in the Bay Area. They have paid for my wife to be with me. I technically am still working legally in China until September. If my wife were to be in the USA with me after her interview at GUZ, (she has CCP issue) until they ask for her passport and then come back, will this cause any issues with the process or will we have to be separated during this time?

Thanks

You don't say what kind of visa she would be using, but that shouldn't matter.

Sounds like a good plan!

She WILL need to ENTER the US on the IR/CR-1 in order to get that processed at the POE. A trip back to China to turn in the passport for the actual visa processing would seem to be the best way to handle that.

Hello again,

We got the email to fill out the DS260 on June the 8th.

To this day (June 20th) we are unable to pick a delivery address with Citic bank on US Travel Docs... it still says, The Case ID that you have entered cannot be found.

I emailed the consulate and US Travel Docs, waiting for a reply, is this normal? 12 days?

Hello again,

We got the email to fill out the DS260 on June the 8th.

To this day (June 20th) we are unable to pick a delivery address with Citic bank on US Travel Docs... it still says, The Case ID that you have entered cannot be found.

I emailed the consulate and US Travel Docs, waiting for a reply, is this normal? 12 days?

If her GUZ or GZO number doesn't work, try her passport ID. I think you should be able to register document pick-up and delivery locations as soon as you have that number.

USTravelDocs - Contact Us