Hi. This is just to update some information previously posted about doing the medical check in Beijing after I spent some time on the phone with the clinic. The procedure (and location) of the clinic has changed, and currently:
- an online appointment is required. When I went to book one, they were booked out one week in advance. So plan ahead. Go here: http://tjyy.bithc.bj...int_Center.html
- it takes 5 working days to get results. There is no express service or way to get them sooner. You can receive the results by courier.
- For foreigners: if your passport is in for Chinese visa renewal and you have the yellow paper from the Beijing Entry-Exit Bureau, the clinic will NOT accept it. You have to have your original passport. (On the other hand, the GZ clinic told me over the phone they would accept the yellow paper.)
- full instructions here: http://www.bithc.org...ymtjxz/7724.jsp
- We're in a situation where the earlier appointment available is a week from now but we need to do the medical on Monday (because my wife's passport needs to go in for Chinese visa renewal). After some pleading on the phone, the clinic agreed to let us come in on next Monday with a print out of the appointment for next Friday (earliest available date) in hand. We'll go on Monday and fingers crossed that they keep their word. YMMV. They in any case absolutely require an online appointment so that your information is in the computer system.
Edited by unknownusername, 18 May 2017 - 10:52 PM.