I-864 Joint Sponsor Question

My father got his tax transcripts for 2016, 2015, and 2014. On page 5 Part 6. item number 2. My current individual annual income is. My father and mother jointly file taxes together. Would my father put down where it says income Wages, Salaries, Tips, Etc? It goes on to say total income. Then it says adjusted gross income. I think this is what he should put down. This would be for 2016. Also does this mean my father needs to fill out an I-864a Form between my mother and his self?

On page 6 Part 6. Item 19.a. 19.b. 19.c. I think he should just put down the amounts the tax transcripts show as adjusted gross income? Thank you

My father got his tax transcripts for 2016, 2015, and 2014. On page 5 Part 6. item number 2. My current individual annual income is. My father and mother jointly file taxes together. Would my father put down where it says income Wages, Salaries, Tips, Etc? It goes on to say total income. Then it says adjusted gross income. I think this is what he should put down. This would be for 2016. Also does this mean my father needs to fill out an I-864a Form between my mother and his self?

On page 6 Part 6. Item 19.a. 19.b. 19.c. I think he should just put down the amounts the tax transcripts show as adjusted gross income? Thank you

The word 'between' doesn't fit there.

Whoever is your co-sponsor between the two needs to fill out an I-864.The other CAN fill out an I-864a to have their income included - if the primary co-sponsor's income is sufficient, this is not necessary, although it can help show that both are supportive of your endeavor.

My father got his tax transcripts for 2016, 2015, and 2014. On page 5 Part 6. item number 2. My current individual annual income is.

He would put down the current (i.e. today's) annual salary of his current (i.e. today's) job. It might not be the same as his income last year.

Also does this mean my father needs to fill out an I-864a Form between my mother and his self?

If your father's own income is insufficient, he can count your mother's income, by listing her information and income as "Person 1" on his I-864 Part 6 #3-5 (so their incomes add up in Part 6 #15 to be his household income) and she would fill out an I-864A as the "household member" of your father, the sponsor.

It's the "total income" line from the tax return, not "adjusted gross income". On the 1040EZ, total income and adjusted gross income are always the same (as above-the-line deductions are not allowed on the 1040EZ), and the line is only labeled as "adjusted gross income", so that's why if it's 1040EZ he looks for the "adjusted gross income" line. But on all other forms (1040, 1040A) he must use the "total income" line. If he has no above-the-line deductions, the "total income" and "adjusted gross income" lines will be the same.