Wife retired now needs yearly check in.

Dan777

My wife went to China to sign up for retirement and now needs yearly check in. We have language issues so God bless the rest of you who do. I am not exctally sure what she expects me to do. When I teLl her I am not sure what to do she screams, "you are my husband, you need to helpa me!" I know I have read where others have wives here who do the same thing. She is from Guanzhou (?) Providence. I told her I was going to ask another lady but she told me she lives in another part of China and could not help me. I am always told who not to talk to so I am guessing she does not want the lady to know. I also ask if any one of her family knows someone who knows English I could call and ask what she needs and I get a no. Or if her sister who collects her check could find out what she needs. Supposeably the money goes to her sister but it all sounds suspicious to me. I think this is normal for people to check in every year but any help I could get I would appreaciate. The Google translate I get she shows me on her phone say the Chinese consolate which I will call today but I doubt that will help her. We live in TN and I am going to call the one in New York but I doubt that will work. I asked her if she needs to go to China but she screams no.

Trigg brought it up last year - http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/46265-chinese-retirement-income/?p=629409

. . . and john xiaoying had already answered it in an earlier thread from Jan., 2016

On 8/26/2016 at 12:33 PM, Randy W said:

This may help - US Citizenship - Chinese Pension

johnxiaoying said:

The Chinese applicants abroad need to file the proper documents, including a qualification review form.
They also have to submit both the original and a copy of their passport and a certificate of legal residence in the country.
The form is available at Chinese embassies or consulates.
Guan Xinping says making this option available has made things much easier for people living abroad.
"It's much easier for applicants to contact the closest Chinese embassy or consulate than it is to return to China to complete the application."

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thanks. I will search later. Maybe that is why she wanted me to call Chinese embassy. I also emailed other member suggested to me. My wife is unable to use internet search so I am stuck finding out how everything works. You people are very helpful.

You may want to read Trigg's thread BEFORE his post - your wife is eligible for 1/2 of YOUR SS income when she reaches HER retirement age (spousal benefits), and then YOUR FULL benefits after you croak. She can CONTINUE drawing this amount even after returning to China IF she has lived with you in the U.S. for at least 5 years.

Have read the posts and not finding anything. Thank you for the feedback. Is PM a personal message? I did send another one.

The discussion on SS spousal benefits was here - http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/46265-chinese-retirement-income/?p=606179

Thanks, I read the post but did not see anything that would help us. Hope I was clear, my wife did sign up for retirement and has been receiving it for a year. Now she has to have a yearly check in and from reading here needs to prove she is still alive. I sent a PM to a member but have not gotten a reply. My phone shows the PM was not read but here on the website on the computer I can not tell where to go to look at PM reply. I am still guessing I need to download a form from somewhere and have it notarized and faxed to her sister in China but still not able to find where or someone to tell me where to go. Wife is learning how to search on my old iPad which is good for me (helps a lot as communication is bad. She searches in Chinese which does not help me but making progress)

Have read the posts and not finding anything. Thank you for the feedback. Is PM a personal message? I did send another one.

The discussion on SS spousal benefits was here - http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/46265-chinese-retirement-income/?p=606179

Thanks, I read the post but did not see anything that would help us. Hope I was clear, my wife did sign up for retirement and has been receiving it for a year. Now she has to have a yearly check in and from reading here needs to prove she is still alive. I sent a PM to a member but have not gotten a reply. My phone shows the PM was not read but here on the website on the computer I can not tell where to go to look at PM reply. I am still guessing I need to download a form from somewhere and have it notarized and faxed to her sister in China but still not able to find where or someone to tell me where to go. Wife is learning how to search on my old iPad which is good for me (helps a lot as communication is bad. She searches in Chinese which does not help me but making progress)

Yes, I don't think anyone has reported back who HAS gotten (and hopefully filed) the form. Until they do, we can only tell you that the form is called retirement pension "qualification review form", which is available at the Chinese Consulate in the U.S.

I Googled the term and didn't find anything - you may have to contact the Consulate yourself.

The Personal Messenger (including reading of messages) is accessible through two of the icons on the upper right of any page on CFL.

There it is - I see it now

Under "公证认证申请表 / Application Forms for Notarization and Authentication"

在境外居住人员领取养老金资格审核表 => "In the overseas residents to receive pension qualification audit form

http://www.chinaconsulatesf.org/chn/qianzhen/gzrz/P020150701222905235039.pdf

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)
  • Like 2

There it is - I see it now

Under "公证认证申请表 [/size]/ Application Forms for Notarization and Authentication"[/size]

在境外居住人员领取养老金资格审核表 => "In the overseas residents to receive pension qualification audit form

http://www.chinaconsulatesf.org/chn/qianzhen/gzrz/P020150701222905235039.pdf

Thank you! I think my wife found the same one last night. I will check with her tonight. She was filling out the form last night and will most likely be wanting to go to the bank to have it notorized. Not sure how that is going to go as it seems like I had problems with a notory and the fact she did not know what the Chinese said. Trying to call the New York consolate did no good. She had me type in a Houston consolate in her iPad and she pulled out a form that looks like this one. I hope it is the one. I really appreciate the help!