I-864a form Help Advise needed

Thank you for your help My father is going to be my joint sponsor for my wife. My wife is Chinese. My wife brought up a good question about I-864a. She thinks the form is a contract between myself and my father. So the sponsor would be myself and the household member would be my father? Would the roles be reversed when we fill out our I-864a forms? On my I-864a form I'm the household member and my father is the sponsor. On my father's I-864a form I am the sponsor and my father is the household member. Am I thinking correctly? Thank you for your help.

I-864A is a contract between a sponsor or joint sponsor and a member of their household that is adding their income to that of the sponsor or Joint sponsor.

In your case You will file an I-864 as the primary sponsor because you filed the I-130 Petition, and your father is NOT a member of your household so your father will also provide an I-864 as a joint sponsor.

If your father needs to add income from a member of his household, for example his spouse if she for some reason filed a separate return and his income was not above poverty line, then she would provide an I-864A as a member of his household.