Mail i-130? K-3 Still Possible?

1. Do I have to deliver the i-130 in person or can I mail it?

2. I have a family visa (, which is a residence permit for foreigners. Does this qualify for applying for the K-3 for my Chinese wife?

3. Is the K-3 still a viable option? Is it faster than cr1 or whatever?

4. Why they heck don't embassies allow people to contact them with questions?

If anyone can answer any of these questions, it's much appreciated. Thanks!

1. Do I have to deliver the i-130 in person or can I mail it?

2. I have a family visa (, which is a residence permit for foreigners. Does this qualify for applying for the K-3 for my Chinese wife?

3. Is the K-3 still a viable option? Is it faster than cr1 or whatever?

4. Why they heck don't embassies allow people to contact them with questions?

If anyone can answer any of these questions, it's much appreciated. Thanks!

When filing at a Consulate, you will need to submit it in person. Contact your own consulate to find out if they will allow you to pay the fees and then forward it to Beijing or Guangzhou.

You don't say which visa you have, but I'm guessing it's a Q-2. A Q-2 is not a residence permit, but a residence permit is not required. You will need to show evidence of LIVING in China to the USCIS official who accepts the I-130. What evidence do you have that you LIVE in China?

The K-3 petition form is the I-129F, which must be applied for stateside, NOT at the consulate, AFTER you have received the I-797 receipt for your I-130. You may apply for this whether you are living stateside or in China

The K-3 IS possible, but highly unlikely, and only if there are (months) LONG delays in processing of your I-130.

In fact, if you file at the Consulate, you may get an APPROVAL notice for your I-130 before you can get the I-129F in the mail to the stateside lock-box. Once your I-130 is approved, the I-129F is closed administratively.

Current contact information is at https://china.usembassy-china.org.cn/visas/, although phone contact is generally not helpful Once you have your case number, " Email: Please use our Immigrant Visa Unit Inquiry Form to contact IV Unit by email."

If you are living in China filing the petition at the USCIS field office in Guangzhou or Beijing is much, much faster than mailing the petition to the USCIS Chicago PO Box. USCIS state side takes months to approve and then send the petition on to NVC where there is more paperwork and processing after which the case eventually gets to China for an interview.

Filing to the Field office in Beijing or Guangzhou in person tends to result in the petition approved in weeks and sent to the Guangzhou consulate for interview scheduling. This process is DCF which tends to be a 4-5 month end to end process sometimes even shorter.

As for K-3, this process is not an option for those who file petition DCF it is a state side option derived at at time when USCIS was taking an extremely long time processing spouse visa petitions it was so a couple could be reunited while waiting out the spouse visa petition processing at USCIS, nowadays, USCIS has been processing much quicker and tends to tie the two petitions together and approve them close together whereby they send them to NVC whereby NVC tends to drop the K-3 in favor of the IR-1 or CR-1, the reason for the K-3 (long process at USCIS) does not exist when both petitions arrive at NVC close together.

Lastly the K-3 had the added costs involved in adjusting status for a green card.

It has been many years since I have seen a K-3 case posted about.

If it is speed you desire then the quickest and best process is to file the petition in person DCF at the USCIS field office in China.