Thank you I-864 Help needed My wife and I have started filling out our I-864. I have a few questions. My wife is Chinese and I'm from Tennessee. First question is my father is our sponsor. On page one of the I-864 Part 1 section 1.d. I think is what my father should check? Second question is Page 4 Part 5. Sponsor's Household Size my wife and I will be living with my parents until we can get settled, it will be my wife and I, and my parents what should I do on line 7. Is it better to include my father's income with my income? I have not worked since August 2016 since I have been in China. My income for last year is below the poverty line. Third question is Page 5 Part 6. 2. I think I should put down what my W-2 has down for last year 2016? Thank you

For the joint sponsor he will check 1,d yes, there are some cases with multiple immigrants where there may be more than one joint sponsor, that's what that box is about.

Page 4 part 5 he can just count intending immigrant and does not have to count you. Techinaclly you are not part of his household, you are not living there, and typically not being claimed as a dependent. 1,1 2,1 3,1 so total 3. And on your I-864 it's 1,1 2,1 and 3,0 your spouse is counted as 1 NOT 3

Part 6 your income is on your I-864 not on the joint sponsors I-864

Remember you are filing TWO I-864 forms, one from the petitioner YOU, and another one from your joint sponsor Your father. As The petitioner, You MUST provide an I-864.

Thank you I-864 Help needed My wife and I have started filling out our I-864. I have a few questions. My wife is Chinese and I'm from Tennessee. First question is my father is our sponsor. On page one of the I-864 Part 1 section 1.d. I think is what my father should check? Second question is Page 4 Part 5. Sponsor's Household Size my wife and I will be living with my parents until we can get settled, it will be my wife and I, and my parents what should I do on line 7. Is it better to include my father's income with my income? I have not worked since August 2016 since I have been in China. My income for last year is below the poverty line. Third question is Page 5 Part 6. 2. I think I should put down what my W-2 has down for last year 2016? Thank you

If you have an American employer, the W-2 will reflect your income from that employer.

You are required by law to report ALL income, whether you have a W-2 or not. The figure you report on your I-864 should agree with your tax return.

They ARE asking for your CURRENT, ANNUALIZED income in this question (Page 5 Part 6. 2.). If you only worked 8 months last year, you could multiply that amount by 1.5 - but you are presently unemployed.

Your tax information is entered on Page 6

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)