I-130 for step daughter and grand daughter

I have a 30 year old divorced ( 2 years) step daughter and 4 year old grand daughter. My wife is here is the US with me still on her 2 year conditional green card. We would like them to come live with us. Can we apply for them now? If yes who would apply me or my wife. We would of like for them to come for a visit but guessing that's out of the question being she is single and 30 and getting them a visitor visa is so slim. She is a business owner and owns her own home if that even matters . She wants to be close to her mom. Any advise or suggestion would be appreciated.

Yes, she can file a petition for unmarried son/daughter of a permanent resident, the classification is F2B which at the moment has a 7-8 year wait for a visa number, the resulting visa will allow a derivative visa for grand child. If your spouse were to become a citizen the class can be upped to F1 but from the bulletin it looks like that may cut only a few months off the waiti time. However if she becomes married the whole process gets derailed.

Other option may be to find a sutible US Citizen that is looking for a spouse and see if there is a possible match.

Divorced will be treated as unmarried.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/552709-divorced-child-over-21-unmarried-child-over-21/

• Like 1

Thank you....It would be so nice to get a visitor visa while in the long wait. Is there and disadvantage to applying for both?

Yes, if can get a visit visa it will be valid 10 years so would allow visits during the wait.

Applying for one should not affect the other.