Couple questions before the interview

Good day,

My interview day is coming up soon and there are couple things i am not sure about, so please tell me if i understood everything correctly:

1) Security regulations says that its not allowed to bring your mobile phone with you, but if my memory is fine, i remember that at the entrance of the Consulate there are some lockers where i could leave my phone and bag, can anyone confirm if i am right?

2) if i understood correctly, i do not have to pay anything at the Consulate on the day of the interview, but later, when the visa is in the pasport( but i am not yet at the USA) i must pay the USCIS immigrant fee, is that correct?

Thank you for your help,

Natalia

1) The Consulate makes no indication of lockers only that you should not bring certain items, if staying at hotel secure it there, or if you have a friend with you that can wait outside, have them hold it.

For customers visiting our office, please note that the following items are not permitted in the facility and may not be checked in with U.S. Consulate security guards:

Large handbags or backpacks

Mobile phones

Laptop computers

Other electronic devices

Small handbags and bags for baby items (baby diapers, bottle, formula, etc.) are permitted. Please make provisions for any personal belongings not permitted in the Consulate prior to your appointment.

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/uscis---location-and-contact-information.html

2) Yes, immigrant fee paid online after having the visa packet in hand, can be paid before or after arrival in the USA on the ELIS website.

There is a privately owned kiosk outside the Consulate which will allow you to "check the valuables" for a fee

There are little storage bins behind the counter of the entrance security building for American citizens who are going into the Consulate.

gallery_1846_719_34770.jpg

Some Pictures of the New Consulate

Getting Around and Finding Hotels Near the New Consulate

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)