Problem with spouse son petition.

My I 130 application has been received and they are generating the I 757 now .

Just a curious question , assuming everything goes well , the kid comes here, his English command is poor , how is going to attend a middle school ???

It probably will take 1 year intensive English training to get where he needs to be in order to attend classes ? How is he going to do it ? He is now in his 2nd semester in Sichuan Middle School .

Pretty good studious kid. Excellent in math.

You will be amazed how fast they pick up English, when I was in school we had several Laotian refugees dropped into school and they picked up the lingo rapidly.

Best to work the petition to get visa in time to arrive just before a summer break, doubtful be this summer, if petition goes into the fall, simply drag it out some at NVC when emailing documents and affidavit of support so as to push the interview into spring 2018, and arrival before summer break 2018, allowing a few months to get up to speed.

the long awaited letter of denial for I 130 of my wife to her son has finally arrived. It says that they sent RFE on Oct 4 but the letter was returned by the post office as undeliverable ; so the case is abandoned ; no recourse unless we can prove that the RFE was not needed or the address sent was incorrect ,etc.... suggested to refile and get a new priority date .

Oh ,well , I already sent mine and got the NOA1 from the Texas Processing Center this time instead of CSC.

• 3 months later...

My US Citizen filing for my step son was received on Feb 27 ( NOA1 ) . Still have not received anything yet from USCIS TSC .

Is it slowed down a bit lately ?

I-130 --- Petition for Alien Relative --- U.S. citizen filing for a spouse, parent, or child under 21 --- January 15, 2017

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do. Select CSC processing center

questions to CFL members who have petitioned for minor child . What documents NVC or GZ are asking for ? For 13 yo , does he need to go to GZ to do the interview ? who needs to accompany him ?

My wife is in Sichuan until early Sept , perhaps, she can start collecting those documents ?

Thanks.

questions to CFL members who have petitioned for minor child . What documents NVC or GZ are asking for ? For 13 yo , does he need to go to GZ to do the interview ? who needs to accompany him ?

My wife is in Sichuan until early Sept , perhaps, she can start collecting those documents ?

Thanks.

HE MAY BE DENIED if at least one PARENT does not accompany him - see http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/14262-ir-2-denied-1130-am-112105/

• Like 1

Thank you so much Randy for this post .

I will attend the interview , it seems to be critical for the USC Petitioner to be there.

Also, in addition to the court document stating custody , there needs to be a letter from the bioogical father that he consents his son to immigrate to the United States. My wife is already an IR -1 , not a CR-1 , hope that helps smooth things out but it seems that it would be the best for me to be there.

We have both court custody agreement and letter of consent ( notarized ) from his bio father .

Any other documents that are generally needed ? while my wife is in China , she can get it ready .

Thanks.

Not much more than that other than the normal notary documents mentioned in OF-169

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/Immigrant%20Visa%20Instructions%20English%2020Jun2017.pdf