Shipping Lithium Ion graphics tablet to China

Hi,

Lots of conflicting info out there about shipping anything that's powered by a lithium ion battery to China. Some say you can but you need to install the battery and make sure it can't turn on by accident. I'm sending a Wacom graphics tablet to my wife. Wacom tech says there's no way to ship a tablet with battery installed and not have the chance of it turning on. Have any of you shipped such battery powered products to China? USPS says you can but I read that when it hits China it is prohibited on domestic flights in China (didn't say this on the USPS website) and has to go ground, which I bet would take forever (east coast of China to Chengdu).

Any experience on this by anyone?

Thanks!

Rosie and Marc

A similar topic, just a few hours ago - http://candleforlove.com/forums/topic/48959-a-camping-we-will-go-maybe-question/- but, of course, you're going the other way, and NOT taking them yourself.

Check with EMS - it is an International Postal consortium (international regulations) which includes both China and the U.S. Shipping usually takes about a week, although customs seems to add about another week or two these days. EMS in China is tracked door-to-door (U.S. door to Chinese door).

In the U.S., either USPS Priority Express International, or Priority Mail International hook up to China's EMS.Global Express Guaranteed hooks up to FedEx in China, which doesn't provide any where NEAR the coverage of China Post.

Others may have experience with this.