Best Port of Entry

If it is sensible to ask...what might be the best port of entry in the US, as far as hassles, language barriers, and strictness be? I've heard that being able to enter into smaller cities might be an advantage, as far as crowds and so forth...and not being asked so many questions...as opposed to a large city airport such as LAX or New York. Ant ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My friend doesn't speak much English and went through a big hassle in LA during his last visit...Thank You!

We have used Chicago, Detroit and JFK.

Chicago tended to be fairly smooth,

Last time my wife came through JFK with her mum it was a long line, fortunately they did not connect there to fly home, I drove the distance down there to pick them up.

If it is sensible to ask...what might be the best port of entry in the US, as far as hassles, language barriers, and strictness be? I've heard that being able to enter into smaller cities might be an advantage, as far as crowds and so forth...and not being asked so many questions...as opposed to a large city airport such as LAX or New York. Ant ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My friend doesn't speak much English and went through a big hassle in LA during his last visit...Thank You!

Big crowds can tend to alleviate scrutiny, but they will still single out specific passengers. If you are AVOIDING a direct route to your destination, that in itself might invite scrutiny.

You might check the schedules of other airlines for incoming international flights at about the same time.

My wife prefers Dallas for easiest, and friendliest, POE. Detroit is on the bottom of our list. Recommend that your 'doesn't speak much English' friend carry a list of common questions and their answers. The friend can hand this over if need be.

Some travelers have been known to ask other travelers on their flight for assistance and go through with them at the POE.

• 2 weeks later...